How long.......do you keep your ride?

As far as Mileage goes I average around 12000K per year so 4years is always between 45000 to 50000 Ks this is where IMHO things start to go wrong nothing major but enough to make you doubtful of that couple of 3000k return trips to see Relatives interstate each year, and the new bike Honeymoon is long gone ,so far the Rocket( 33000ks) has been faultless, easily does 1000k plus days ,in 12 Months a new one will do me till I'm 70 and I may slow up on the mileage maybe not.

bought my 06 last year with 11,000 miles have 22,000 miles now and bought a S3 in march for light duty parked next to it got 3200 on that.

Thanks....I didn't realize that asking that question would bring you that much flack.... I have to be honest, I was expecting more on the mileage side. I've only had my rocket for a year (6 months of riding) and I put on 14000.
You must be putting a lot of miles on the other three.....
that was 36000 not 3600, sorry:oops::oops:
Ha ha, the Harley has now 24000, the Bird has 34000 and the little ninja only 4000, need to ride it more, the Can Am kicked the bucket right at 38000:eek:

I've had mine just short of 6 years , 56,000 on it , I've bought other bikes and swapped them every 18 months but i tend to keep the r3t . I keep thinking its time for a change , but cannot find a bike to replace it , looked at a road king ,, but thought 32 grand plus pipes tuner backrest ,, its going to cost around 35 grand ,10-12 grand dearer than a new rocket tourer , Then think why would i pay 10-12 grand more for a bike what is'nt has good .

I looked at , a new lt t bird , but think why change to a bike that weighs nearly the same , but 800 cc less power, belt not shaft , leather not hard bags and cost the same .

So i thought buy a new r3t , and then thought why trade mine and get around 10 grand trade in , have to put anoyher 15 grand towards it , when mine runs better at 56,000 klm than it did at 500 klm , plus mines the sexy blue azzari color , and the new one is red or black , Boring , I just simply cannot find another bike thats worth changing for . and i've not even mentioned the best thing about the bike and thats the comfort ,, ,

Back