How Long do I have??????

..if ya can't find one..give Manayunk in Phila a call..they shipped me one they had in stock..$140 delivered..set with tuneboy..or if your lucky, and a dealer near you has one, they might fix it for free if ya take the bike in to them and let them do it..

Thanks for the responses

Apparently the total failure is like 99% of all electrical problems, it will go when it **** well feels like it. James (Tdragger) I read your thread on installing and setting the TPS up and will keep you in mind when I can locate the part. What you described is well above my computer capabilities. I will call the guys down at D&D Cycles in Norfolk this week and get the TPS ordered. They have been great in the past on pushing Triumph on warranty issues with my 2005. BTW, I had recently checked the crank angle senor and it was clean as a whistle. Thanks again gentlemen, got to get my bag and hit the road before the traffic gets too heavy and all of the 16 ouncers are gone.

Found One

When I called D&D Import Cycles in Norfolk, I was floored to find that they had an updated (blue guts) primary tps sitting on their shelf. According to Bryan, the owner, he had ordered it for another customer who never showed to pick it up. To further make my day, I just got an email from him and Triumph is covering the part and install after some pushing on his part. I can't recommend D&D highly enough for any Captains in the general tidewater Virginia area. It is undoubtedly the best motorcycle dealership I have ever done business with. Their customer service is exemplary. BTW, as for how long I had before the unit failed completely, "NOT F&^%*N LONG". About every third start now the high idle appears, it can be recycled by turning the switch off and on, but comes right back.

Glad you took early action, britman.

I was about to tell you that, based on some highly proprietary, home-cooked algorithms, you had 11 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes and 47 seconds, give or take 9 seconds.

If the primary tps goes completely south on you, unplug it and let the bike go into failsafe mode. It won't run great, but it won't run so bad you can't drive it. I drove mine for about 2 weeks like that till I got a new tps put on. The check engine light stayed on, and the power was limited, but it ran pretty smooth.

Back