How do you increase RPM over 6800 on older bikes ?

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
I am reprograming my bike with TuneECU to see what I can get. I noticed the 20050 tune won't let the RPM go over 6800. Is there a by-pass or work around for that ? Wanting to try 7000.

Standard internals wont produce any more HP or Tq with increasing your rpm limirt, so I am told

Well, first off, you shouldnt, and second it's pointless. Third, if you set it to 6800, you will hit 7000, because of the way the R3 Rev limiter comes on. It's a soft limit not a hard one.

All my dyno sheets clearly go to 6900 despite revlimit being set to 6700.

Max power for all stock internal Rockets Iv seen comes at 6000 +/- 200 RPM depending on which exhaust is fitted. Shifting at 6500 will keep you at optimal power for the next gear, reving to 7k would just waste time making less power than you could.

Then, of course, there is the chance that will spit a shim. It's not a trivial chance, the results are catastrophic and possibly life threatening depending on the circumstances.

All that said, if you MUST be that guy.... just update to a newer base tune.

"It's not a trivial chance, the results are catastrophic and possibly life threatening depending on the circumstances."

Sounds like the daily outcome of being married!:eek::roll::inlove:(

Back