High Volume Oil Pump

Some great stuff here, possibly adaptable, courtesy of dragline: http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm

RB Racing is the best in the business... bull**** need not apply.

Hombre:

I was going to look up some 12VDC gearmotor pumps for you today but I got sidetracked with a medical issue. I apologize.

I see they started with Weldon Pumps. Weldon is quite famous for something other than pumps just like Loc Performance is famous for something other than custom machining.

Weldon Manufacturing is well known for their proprietary shank design on milling cutters. Loc Performance is well known as the proprietary designers of the limited slip differential. The people who own Loc are very good friends of mine and I only use Weldon shank milling cutters.

Seems as though my fly-in-the-face idea might just possibly be the way to go, especially with demand switching to increase flow/pressure above a set rpm with a lower rpm cutoff. Amperage draw wouldn't be a problem as you have the inherent capacity in the Hawker and the stock alternator puts out sufficient amperage to keep the battery charged anyway.

I'll jump in the Tom Cat tomorow and I'll call my friends at Loc. They have been building ultra high performance motorcycles as a hobby for years.

On dry sump systems on all older Brit bikes the scavenge pump was always twice the capacity of the pressure pump to ensure no wet sumping. I think the Rocket is the same. I have never checked my Rocket oil return and don't even know if it is visible but on older brit bikes-50's to 70's- you could see the oil being pumped back into the tank by removing the filler cap and peering in. It always started as a steady stream but within a minute or so became intermittent as it emptied the sump.

Back