I think there's a cream for that
4oz-90867a740c0091fa7bba0798a787803e.jpg

Mine was an '06 and I loved every minute of it till a touch of decelerating head shake in a left hand turn became a tank slapper at 30 MPH. I lerned the value of a good jacket and full face helmet at that moment. Straight line accelration was wonderful and cornering was ok; just don't try to keep up with the dedicated sport bikes in the mountains on the curves. Catching them in the straights is no problem. With a gentle hand, I could get 130-135 miles out of a tank, but normally only got around 100 miles. If you get one of the older bikes (Pre-2009) you need to add a fork brace to stiffin up the forks and a frame brace to stiffin up the chasis. Some guys will swap an R1 front end which does help a lot. But keeping it stock and staying within its limits on the twisties is just fine. Adding a big screen will ease the wind blast starting around 65 mph and make 85 mph cruising nicer. If you ride a pillon, get a back rest to keep them on the machine under acceleration. DO NOT mess with the "V-Boost". Many guys will modify it to be ON all the time. This kills you low RPM torque. It is best to keep it stock for max power unless you go full retard and build the hell out of the engine.

Thanks Boog
I've been looking at the new model...it's one of those bikes that I think about from time to time.
**** shame it has a small fuel tank I couldn't live with that..i don't do to good at petrol stations people parking at the pump and getting shopping..then sitting there
on the phone..queuing up and some idiot can't remember his pin number :mad::mad:...sorry had a bit of a rant there:oops:

RJ

I looked at a v-max about a year ago . It was a bike that had been a demonstrator at various Yamaha shops around Australia for a few years as it had around 16,000 Kms on it when I took it for a ride .i really enjoyed the ride,couldn't believe how quickly it accelerated .the thing that scared me of the price was $35'000 .

Was told by Yamaha salesman you have to pay for the bike to order one .. deal is after riding it if you are unhappy payment is refunded .. yep $35,000 AUD for a new one.

It's a sharp looking bike, but not worth near that much to me! Besides, there's no way I could stop that often for gas...it would just annoy me. I'll stick to the rocket for power and the triple for fun. (Between the two I'm still a long way from $35k!! Heck, I should get a third bike ;) )

For both the older and newer models, one can add a one gallon tank inside the frame for an extra 25-35 miles.

Last edited:
Back