Hervey Bay Accommodation.

Whale Watching, all as I can honestly say when you get to see one especially if he spy hops and has a look at you, it's something you'll never forget the rest of your life.

One trip a few years ago I was so close I could see my reflection in the whales eye, My thought I paid to watch you and you're watching me for nothing.

On speaking to Tomcat, he made such a good point, after Saturday night we would have to be aware that going for a ride could open some of us up to drink driving laws, whilst others will be getting ready to make a move to get back home.

I agree Whale Watching bloody good idea to do a a dawn cruise gets back around lunch time, then those staying a couple more days we can do an afternoon ride, but that's only my two bobs worth.

Hi guys,
Booked my accommodation yesterday afternoon, did it online. The place looks good...however I did notice in the rules and regulations that they state only 1 vehicle per cabin. Hope its not a problem coz the wife is going to drive up and meet me there.
We are staying the Sunday night so hopefully a few others do so its not a lonely ride back home Monday morning!

Hi guys,
Booked my accommodation yesterday afternoon, did it online. The place looks good...however I did notice in the rules and regulations that they state only 1 vehicle per cabin. Hope its not a problem coz the wife is going to drive up and meet me there.
We are staying the Sunday night so hopefully a few others do so its not a lonely ride back home Monday morning!

Gday mate, I'll be heading off from the bay on Monday some stage so depending on all the other southerners on route, we can ride back for some of the leg together. I think Canberra has a fair idea of the route we might be taking.

I'm not sure who I'm meeting Melbourne way but if anyone is heading through melbourne from SA or WA and needs a pad to rest for the night let me know as i have a few spare bedrooms at home just out of Melbourne CBD.

Good one .. i'm going to have to throw Friday and Monday off work now ;) cause it will be another 12 months before i get to go for another ride with the Southeners and those from further afield if you blokes are staying till Monday.. Bugger :D

Depending on what we have left to do, the Mrs and I will hit the road early and try to get to the boarder and ride back up with the southerners.

If that gets washed out with organising the final touches to things we will definitely be riding back with our Southern Rocketeers for about 8 hours should do it, that gives a time to get get back home to our own bed.

If the trip makes things, financially tight from down south, the back is available for a couple of tents and room in the lounge for a couple.

Not riding Sunday morning is a good idea. Possibly Saturday too, depending on how "excited" we all are to get there Friday. ;)

Good one .. i'm going to have to throw Friday and Monday off work now ;) cause it will be another 12 months before i get to go for another ride with the Southeners and those from further afield if you blokes are staying till Monday.. Bugger :D

Ive got wed thur fri sat sun mon tue off work :D:D

At this stage I will be working friday and monday so I will be leaving Brisbane saturday daybreak probably get to the bay about 9.30 to 10 and leave about lunch time sunday. If I get an early finish friday I might get there friday night. If anyone else from S.E.Q. has similar time restraints and wants some company on the road we will work something out closer to the weekend.

Not riding Sunday morning is a good idea. Possibly Saturday too, depending on how "excited" we all are to get there Friday. ;)

Saturday morning need to get your bikes to Hervey Bay High School for the show and shine. Friday night have to be sedate :(:( with the drinking, then Saturday night intravenous alcohol feed will be permitted, to make up for Friday night.:D:D

Back