Hello from Central Victoria

Well for a seasoned professional person in his mid fifties I feel like a kid before Christmas. The first new bike I have purchased in 36 years is sitting in the showroom waiting to be delivered on Thursday.
Now given the strange times we're living in rather than fuel it up and take it for a shake down run I'm getting my bottles of disinfectant and snow foam prepped.
First thing I want, well need really, is to disinfect the bike after all it is coming up from Melbourne. Strange times indeed.
Whilst I'm at it I'll take my Rupes DA polisher out and some of my Angelwax stuff and make her sparkle.
Plus point is though that I checked with Highway Police and checked Government website and it looks like I can ride my bike around so long as I don't get out/off my bike. Added bonus is that there's very little traffic on the road at the moment. So fill the tank and let's see where I end up.
Simon's R3.jpg

Yes indeed it did ;) First thing I did was to wash it (It came from Melbourne which is in stage 4 lockdown so didn't want any bugs sneaking their way in to my house) then I set to with some decontamination products, my ibrid DA polisher, some finishing polish and then waxed it just for some sparkle don't ya know.
I then set the correct date and time cause the dealer hadn't done that in the PDI.
I noticed then that the orange circle with the white spanner was constantly displaying on my dash telling me that my service was overdue, which I thought was a littleodd on a brand new bike so I phoned the dealer who put me through to their service dept.
Apparently, according to the dealer, resetting the date on my dash had told the computer that it was way past it's service interval (I recall the date on the dash when I first switched it on was 2010 I think.) Apparently an authorised Triumph dealer needs to plug it into their service computers to reset this annoying light.
Now, given that the nearest Triumph dealer is nearly a 4 hr round trip away and is in Melbourne where I am not allowed to go to with the current restrictions in place this isn't something that's going to happen anytime soon.
Not a biggie but annoying on a brand new bike.
Next thing is I want to fit the backrest and luggage rack which I'm lucky to actually have along with an intercom and new visor as same dealer has sent it to the wrong address.
Fortunately the occupant of the address my stuff was sent to is smart and saw the address label with my name and number on it so called me to let me know it had arrived and I was able to collect it (It was my old rental address which dealer hadn't updated on their system despite the fact that I had told them my new address a few weeks ago and that they had delivered my R3 to my new address.)
Anyway despite these minor grumbles I've managed to take it out 2-3 times when the weather has been dry.

OMG, OMG what an engine 🤪 Still running it in and keeping the revs down and leaving it in road mode but MY GOD it's instant isn't it. Thank goodness for cruise control as it's just so so easy to break the speed limit in town.
First impressions are it's a stunning looking bike with so much presence, it is smooth and a *****cat around town, the induction roar is addictive and that along with the shove the engine produces so easily just makes you want to keep opening that throttle. Build quality and attention to detail very good indeed and noticeably improved from my 2010 Speed Triple.
I find my self keep popping into the garage to look at it and it makes me smile, I mean 2500cc in a motorcycle FFS, thank you so much Triumph.
PS popped into the local Harley dealer yesterday and it drew some attention 😎

Roll on Spring and Summer and getting that 1st service into the history books. image7.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg image25.jpeg image29.jpeg

Welcome from Belgium. Just received mine last weekend. I am trying to get some milage on the clock to get through the break in. But I can say that it is already nice driving around under 4k rpm. Cruise control and breaking in do not really go together. Not good for the engine, you need to change engine speed as much as you can.

We are not really in lockdown here. Life goes on and we need to wear masks in shops (not on the bike). We will all need get this freaking disease to get our antibodies.

VERY NICE...
I'm afraid that's about what you expect from Peter Stevens. Pity you couldn't get it through Les Penna.
Ride and enjoy my friend.
Did I mention I'm relocating to Vic late 2021 (COVID permitting)? You should have your R3 run in by then - will catch up for a run when my old '05 R3 gets there - OR, I have a restored 1926 Douglas at the oldies place (Strathfieldsaye) - might ride that instead! Don't mind the 94 year age gap - I'll try to keep up...

Back