Hello from Central Victoria

siminoz

If you risk nothing then be nothing
Ride
15th anniversary Special edition Speed Triple
OK, so after 22 years of riding Speed Triples and GSX based Streetfighters I've pulled the trigger and have put down a deposit on a Korosi red R3. Informed that the bike has arrived in Melbourne and is currently in a warehouse in Altona waiting for delivery to the dealer for PDI and prep. Unfortunately I'll need to sell my S3 and GSX to fund this beastie but hey ho.
I've never ridden an R3 and only seen one briefly at a dealers but cannot believe that I'll be disappointed with 221 Nm of torque.
If anyone is interested these are my 2 bikes up for grabs.

Can't wait to get the R3 but with Melbourne in stage 4 lockdown it may be some weeks until I take delivery of it.
At least the weather will be warmer then.

Will be trawling through all the threads to try and find out if I've made a mistake or not in buying this :cool:

DSCN4224 (2).JPG
Speedy promo.jpg

Hello Simonoz and welcome from Virginia. Your 2020 Rocket is simply a Street Triple on steroids. I think you'll be fine... :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. Hey RevBoss when all this COVID craziness eases and you want to visit the oldies we should catch up for a coffee and talk about Rockets 👍
I just got told that my R3 should be able to be delivered to my door Weds 29th which is cool. The rub is though that it’s possible Peter Stevens dealership may close due to stage 4 restrictions currently in operation in Melbourne or alternatively if it does get delivered on the 19th I will not be able to ride due to stage 3 restrictions. Having said that though I am constantly counting my blessing that I am in such a fortunate position to be able to buy this bike as so many have lost so much in this pandemic. As a nurse I see the sort of devastation this pandemic causes and do feel somewhat guilty and privileged to soon be owning this R3. Anyway pics will be posted when it arrives.

Back