Having Problems w/ Latest Version of TB Diagnostics?

Pig9r

Living Legend
Some (including myself) have had problems opening Tuneboy diagnostics after doing the latest download and install from the Tuneboy website. This fix offered by Wayne worked like a charm for me:

Is it Windows XP or Windows Vista ?
If your logon to XP does not have administrator rights then the install will not have worked correctly. If you have Vista then the install will not have worked correctly because Vista runs programs without administrator privilages even if you are in the administrators group.

What you need to do is this.

If you are using Vista.
Download the latest drivers from http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/TuneBoyDrivers.zip

Go into device manager on your machine and uninstall the TuneBoy Cable from the ports and USB drivers lists, make sure you select the tick box to delete the drivers from your PC.

Now unplug and plug the cable back in and install the drivers using the new files.

Now, step 2 (Vista)

click on the start orb, then all programs, then accessories.

right click on command prompt and select "Run as administrator"

When the command prompt appears do the following

Change to the tuneboy directory.

CD c:\program files\tuneboy\tuneboy

Now enter the following

regsvr32 tuneboycontrol.dll

a popup will tell you that it is registered

now enter the following

tuneboy /skinname=standard

Step 2 (XP)
logon as administrator.

click on the start , then all programs, then accessories.

click on command prompt

When the command prompt appears do the following

Change to the tuneboy directory.

CD c:\program files\tuneboy\tuneboy

Now enter the following

regsvr32 tuneboycontrol.dll

a popup will tell you that it is registered

now enter the following

tuneboy /skinname=standard
You should now have the TuneBoy dash displayed in front of you.

That is it, now the TuneBoy and TuneEdit icons on the desktop should work correctly and you will not have any blue screen woes (Vista).

Last edited:
Pig9r : Do you recall your versions for: TuneBoy, TuneEdit, and DataLogger prior to the latest download.

Mine are V3.0.0.0, 3.4.1, and 2.4.0.0 respectively; which came on my CD.

The reason I ask is: If 3.4.2 is a very minor fix for icon .execution I don't want to screw with it. Old adage: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Last edited:
I might add that the TuneBoy and TuneEdit documentation, that I've downloaded, are both indicated as V3.4. There is no documentation on the DataLogger, that I've seen. I must inquire; how does one make use of the DataLogger?

Piggr:

I don't have a Tuneperson as you know, but I will tell you that the Vista OS on this computer always asks for Admin priveleges when running any program.

Vista has some other undesireable quirks that we won't get into.....:(

Of course you mean, when installing any program, don't you". That's a good thing isn't it.
Can you enter the appropriate privileges while remaining logged on at less than admin level.

I don't remember what the previous version was. I have the same ones you have saved but can't remember the one I just blew away. If your TuneEdit has the O2 feature you have the latest.

The datalogger program is something that Wayne put together for DougL to help determine areas in fuel maps that cause the afterfiring. The program I have does O2 voltage, TP, MAP, and RPM. Basically you hook up a laptop to the bike and ride around a bit and records the info.

pigr9

Can't find the ports and drivers list in vista device manager for tune boy, where are they hideing?
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute
Link Removed

Back