Has anyone used these brake rotors?

are they planning some abs compatible systems for R3 in the future,

are they planning some abs compatible systems for R3 in the future,

I'm not sure. The way I look at it is all aftermarket brake manufactures are going to have to start building ABS components for these bikes sooner or later. Mainly the rotors need to be supported because of the ABS sensor ring on the rotors. That's about 4 years of ABS bikes that have been on the market and slowly sold to the public.

However.......... I looked at my front rotor yesterday and noticed that the ABS sensor ring technically isn't mounted to the rotor itself. I'm wondering what the difference in the ABS rotor mentioned on the S3 Performance compared to just standard rotor?

**** it!!!

I can't get no ******* help with my answers. I ask SPIEGLER PERFORMANCE PARTS are they 100% sure that there rotor (THAT THEY HAVE LISTED LIKE "2005-2010" )will work with my 2010 Roadster with ABS. I give them there part number and everything. The guy says "The ABS rotors are different , the part number you supplied me will not work with the ABS system."

OK then. How about tell me what rotors will work and give me a price!!!!!!! Or how about tell me if you even have rotors for my bike please. Give me a ******* bone here!!

Nope nothing. He doesn't offer to help me at all with his product.

I ask a simple question about the brake lines on the front. Make a long story short he tells me that there kit has " 2 lines coming off the master leading down to the calipers"

Do what?

I don't think I need to go any further with brakes on this bike. It's not a race bike anyways..... I just wanted firmer, quicker stopping power, found on sportbikes... I know it's not going to be just like it but thought it would be better.

It's not worth begging people for information or help. If I was trying to sell something I would go far and beyond to try to make it happen for the customer.

"No sir those rotors won't work but these rotors right here will sir...... they are this much and with shipping it will be a grand total of this much..... is there anything else I can help with sir? You need any brake fluid, brake pads sir?

Marland, just going on 9 am here and just read your last post and rang the S3 people a lovely polite lady answered and said they have just changed couriers as last one was ripping people off and they just have not up dated their website.
but if you use the "contact us" tab at top of web page send them an e-mail and they will send a PayPal request and that are more than happy to send internationally
Cheerrs
Hans

Marland, just going on 9 am here and just read your last post and rang the S3 people a lovely polite lady answered and said they have just changed couriers as last one was ripping people off and they just have not up dated their website.
but if you use the "contact us" tab at top of web page send them an e-mail and they will send a PayPal request and that are more than happy to send internationally
Cheerrs
Hans

Thanks Hans for doing the foot work for me. I owe you one!

At least on their website they do say that they have the rotors for ABS so I guess I will cool off a little and see what I can come up with. lol

Thanks Hans for doing the foot work for me. I owe you one!

At least on their website they do say that they have the rotors for ABS so I guess I will cool off a little and see what I can come up with. lol
yeah don't know if I was clear but the reason the website doesn't show international ordering is due to the fact they had stopped doing it due to a greedy courier company they were dealing thru but have changed to another company but have not updated the website with new international shipping calculator and details but are happy to send a PayPal request.
I know your frustration as I wanted something but the US website would only take PayPal payments from with in the US (go figure PayPal is the only truly international method) and any other method of paying is far to expensive

I ask a simple question about the brake lines on the front. Make a long story short he tells me that there kit has " 2 lines coming off the master leading down to the calipers"

Do what?

I don't think I need to go any further with brakes on this bike. It's not a race bike anyways..... I just wanted firmer, quicker stopping power, found on sportbikes... I know it's not going to be just like it but thought it would be better.
Two direct lines from M/C to the callipers avoids risk of ****/air entrapment making brakes spongy. I've done this.

If you want more stopping you need more friction - Period. Cast Iron conducts heat faster than Stainless so does not feed heat back into the pads/callipers/fluid - so not fade as fast. Personally I like Brembo.

More agressive (softer) pads.

Different callipers with more pad area. There are various out there. But PreTech seem to get good press.Brake Calipers | Motorcycle Brake Calipers | Racing Brake Calipers | Engineering | Pretech, Reading, UK

Just my opinion - but wavy discs do SFA. It's mainly aesthetic.

Best luck finding an ABS compatible rotor.
I installed custom cut dual front lines on my 08 standard
along with Pretech 6 pots and Galfer Wavy Rotors (wont work on your ABS)

You install the dual lines with a special longer bolt to connect the 2 banjos to the master cylinder, with an aluminum washer between the 2 banjos.

Take time to carefully measure line lengths. (I got it too short the first try)
Use similar diameter rubber hose to measure lengths.
Pick correct banjo angles at both ends.
Speigler has just about every possible combination. Browse their web site.

You also have to fab up mounting brackets for the lines to keep them from flopping around and banging the front fender. Google for motorcycle brake line mounts. There are some nice options out there.

Back