My wife has a Harley,with her purchase, she became a member of HOG (Harley owner group), apparently calling her a pigor a sow was INCORRECT, you know, cause hogs are male, I didn't get any lovin.......fickle bunch, those Harley people.

I have been giving the whole abbreviated name thing ,Hmm Triumph Rocket Owners Group would be TROG nice ,Oh wait a second that's short for Troglodyte (cave man) not so shabby when you think about it:cautious:

harleys sound like drag bikes, the evo's are reliable but soo slow, i heard 1 the other day going thru the gears sounded like it was really movin' as he hit 3rd gear the bike hadn't even left the parking lot :(

Well, Triumph has the slightly convoluted Riders Association of Triumph. So, RAT. :p

Harley is seeing the writing on the wall with regards to the engines too. Since the water cooled engine didn't find favor with the old farts who like air cooling, they're sneaking in more liquid cooling. They have three models this year that have liquid cooled cylinder heads, though the rest is still oil/air cooled and reportedly still gets hot if the weather is balmy. It's probably just a matter of time but it depends on how well Harley can finesse the die-hards into accepting modern technology.

Harley riders are not the most skilled out there, so the Company doesn't feel like is really necessary to design engines that will put out a lot of hp and torque. They kinda did that with the release of the V-Rod and guess what? Most of the HD brainwashed said that the V-Rod isn't even a Harley, because it doesn't sound and it doesn't feel like one! Go figure. Plus, HD sells a lifestyle not a technologically advanced machine. I still can't wrap my head around it.

I have been giving the whole abbreviated name thing ,Hmm Triumph Rocket Owners Group would be TROG nice ,Oh wait a second that's short for Troglodyte (cave man) not so shabby when you think about it:cautious:
I think I'd fit the description of caveman, better than captain.

Back