Hanging Around Again

ThisGuy

Standard Boor
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Greetings all,

Been a while so I thought I'd post a brief reintroduction. Here's my original post.

For a mix of reasons (young kids, money, chronic family member illness, getting my head on straight) I've hardly ridden the R3 over the last three years. I've repeatedly considered selling it but for some reason that I'm sure none of you can understand 😉 that idea never goes very far.

Over the last year I built up a long-tail cargo bicycle from the bare frame. Got it riding this spring and it's been great! Two kids on the back, running errands with huge cargo capacity… The goal was to make it my daily driver and so far it's off to a great start.

But the biggest impact has been from getting me out in the garage regularly working on a longer-term project. Now that it's basically done, I'm shifting the focus back to the R3. My goal is to have it riding next spring, though I may manage it by this fall. I've got a couple repairs to make, all the maintenance to catch up on, new tires to buy. The important thing to me is to keep getting out to the garage to do the work, which really isn't work. Even just getting out there with some rags and a bottle of cleaner has been great! Eventually it'll be rolling again. I don't fit into my riding gear right now anyways so… no hurry!

My plan is to dedicate the R3 to solo fun (bye bye saddlebags), and in the next year or two get a used Goldwing or similar for passengers & two-up touring. My oldest daughter is six now and can't wait to ride!

Did I say this was going to be brief? I guess it still is compared to my original post…

Welcome back Captain! We look forward to seeing you on the road (on your R3) again... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Back