Bottom pair. Stainless steel sheet - cut and bent to shape - fixed to the tank using the filler cap bolt holes and different screws (flatter head - longer) plus a couple of short spacers so it does not rub the original bits. The Instruments are a clock (actually a watch mech) and a thermometer. So no wires.

The top one is fitted onto the central bolt in the windscreen trim. Did you catch the GPS antenna fixed to that upper clock? - It's a GPS speedo. Simple KOSO speedo and a GPS sender from HummingBird Electronics in OZ - Speedo has a fuel gauge in as well - but that was driving me potty so I no longer use that bit.

Thanks Chris. I bought two Triumph clocks at Wayne Tripp's suggestion which make perfect handlebar mountings for two gauges fitted in place of the clocks. But I still have to find a way of mounting a third instrument and had my eye on the screen mounting frame too! Dunno yet.....

perfect handlebar mountings for two gauges
I toyed with bar mounting - but my bars are now a good bit narrower and I've less unobstructed tube (none on the throttle side).

The screen affords at least 3 usable points (6mm) - I also have the GiPro afixed to the screen mounts using sticky stuff. You can also with a bit of jiggling make 2*8mm lateral mounting points available on the side screen mounts.

Chris, perhaps I missed something earlier but what are those bars?????
Chris's home made bars. Sort of like Z bars - made to measure. All you need is patience, 5 lengths of 1" stainless tube and some good solid 90º cast stainless steel elbows.

A sort of early on proof of concept photo.

I've double skinned most of the tubing. Some internal - some external.

Did a special no-snatch/waggle throttle bushing system too so the tube for the throttle area is 7/8"

Was sort of inspired by Helibars. But USD850 was silly. Originally was to have had 6 elbows for more adjustment - but as things worked out - wasn't required.

It's all structurally bonded and internally reinforced too. Solid inside. No vibration either.

..back to the hand guards..you really won't need them...................because once it gets that cold.....the bike won't start anyway.....:whistle:.....carry on..

..back to the hand guards..you really won't need them...................because once it gets that cold.....the bike won't start anyway.....:whistle:.....carry on..
Hell if they wont start below 20ºC - I'm not playing.
Hippohands - They work but I find them bloody uncomfy

Back