Hairline Crack on Exhaust Header

I read warranty with my bike and metal imperfections, discoloration etc was only covered for 1 yr.
In relation to your comment, which was general initially in your last post and now is refined in this post.... Can you provide the source?

In relation to the OP and the relevance of my response to you initially: A crack in a hydroformed header would likely be considered a manufacturing defect, not a metal imperfection.

In relation to your comment, which was general initially in your last post and now is refined in this post.... Can you provide the source?

In relation to the OP and the relevance of my response to you initially: A crack in a hydroformed header would likely be considered a manufacturing defect, not a metal imperfection.
I agree. Thought best to jump on it, leave no room for denial.
Will try and find the source.

Here are some of the exclusions to the 24 month warranty. #11 is the metal I mentioned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-173346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-173346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 38
Triumph is a niche brand in South Africa. We have two dealers at present - Johannesburg and Capetown - operated by the same company that imports them. It has been like this for about the last two years - not sure before that. The Jo'burg dealer, where I bought mine, knows about my slip-on and the tune I put on the bike.

I do not want to come across as a wise-4rse, but I have never been too concerned about seller warranties (implied and express) - motorcycles or otherwise. Warranties effectively limit the buyer's rights under common law and are never beyond challenge. We also have a Consumer Protection Act (CPA) in SA, which no doubt would have been based on something similar in the UK or US. And in recent years, we have gained some even more powerful avenues courtesy of the internet and social media. I am always upfront with dealers - in terms of what I install on bikes and how far I am willing to take the discussion in the case of unrelated claims. And I stick to the principal stating 'if it is not in writing, it has not been said'.

I often do not even take the bike in for the initial 'warranty' service if I disagree with the oil specification that the dealer uses - not talking brand or viscosity/grade here and not wishing to start another oil war.

EURO-5 engines represent the pinnacle of ICE technology presently. Not only in terms of emissions and fuel efficiency but also regarding low friction, close tolerances and QC reliability. The new Rocket's EURO-5 mill's oil should satisfy two specifications; JASO MA-2 and API SN - see Oil Categories in terms of the latter. I discovered my dealer uses SG and that the Triumph website promotes SH, so I performed the initial oil change myself and informed the dealer in accordance and writing.

I also keep all spent oil filters, with dates and mileage marked on them, and I take photos at oil changes.

Here are some of the exclusions to the 24 month warranty. #11 is the metal I mentioned.
Thanks, but... apart from the battery, can't see your earlier ref to 12 months on 'metal' in relation to the crack in the OP's post, just cosmetics are mentioned as excluded from warranty from lack of care/mainteneance.

Thanks, but... apart from the battery, can't see your earlier ref to 12 months on 'metal' in relation to the crack in the OP's post, just cosmetics are mentioned as excluded from warranty from lack of care/mainteneance.
Often dealers look for any reason to deny. "Improper care is why thin line on header" or whatever other readon it is owners failt. Wanted to show not everything covered 2 yrs. Hrere is entire warranty for you and ithers to see.

Often dealers look for any reason to deny. "Improper care is why thin line on header" or whatever other readon it is owners failt. Wanted to show not everything covered 2 yrs. Hrere is entire warranty for you and ithers to see.
Change your dealer if that is happening to you, I have found the opposite, or maybe it's my approach that's different.

My dealer replaced the tail piece as it had marks on it from the passenger seat under warranty.

Back