Here's a real bargin for you, all the way from China.
I mailed them and told them they were joking as there is another advert on Trade Me for Rocket filters at NZ$20.00, US$13.00.

NZ$48.15 is US$32.09 ! :roll::roll::roll:

upload_2020-1-6_10-25-36.png

A sucker is born every day, unless those are in a different currency (than NZ) or the listings are for lots of 10 units or some other reason like they think they can get away with exorbitant prices (most likely). Either way, I think it interesting the fine print at the lower left of each row that mentions fuel filter. Maybe a combo listing? Or an error?

thanks @sonny for the tip. I like to run OEM or mid- to high- grade aftermarket parts to give the engine the best chance of survival long term and feel like a good enough mechanic to know the difference between good enough, good, and unnecessary. Paid enough for the bike, marginal maintenance costs to prevent catastrophic failure and loss is a no brainer...kind of like getting the best safety gear I can buy/afford; sure beats the alternative. For what it is worth, the Triumph sticker on the oil filter is covered by a chrome cover so no need to think it is showing off for that part :laugh:

Bought the most expensive, "Gold" NAPA Auto Parts fuel filter I could find, #3032, and then found the small print on the box said, "made by WIX". Thankfully I had already installed the very same but much cheaper Wix Brand filter. So, the NAPA filter is on the shelf and ready for installation after another 20,000 miles, give or take. :):banghead:

PS I bought the NAPA Gold filter only because I saw a post saying the WIX filters are, "sheep dung" or words to that effect. Well, I have 7,000 miles on the so-called, 'sheep's dung' and it has worked fine. :)
Looking to replace my fuel filter. $51 for stock (ouch!). Anyone know the part number for the WIX filter, and does it fit and perform like OEM?

@leatal
Mahle make the Triumph branded ones and their own one too. KL 145 US$16 with free shipping.

They fit a HUGE RANGE OF BIKES MODELS AND BRANDS.
1610678485708.png

1610678309638.png

Back