GT / R Seat Comparison

I have the passenger comfort seat on my R seat (looks like the passenger seat on the GT). I doubt they have specific comfort seats for each model but cannot confirm myself.
I meant to say on the main seat. I read here that the R version is taller.....

I meant to say on the main seat. I read here that the R version is taller.....
Yup sorry that was in response to the questions around the pillion seats being interchangeable. The GT seat is supposedly lower.

Are the pillion seats interchangeable?
No, the pillion seats are not interchangeable...the recess at the rear of the riders seat is different. My Cobber tried my GT pillion seat on his R model and it bolts on ok but there is a gap between the two. He borrowed my seat and my pillion seat for a weekend away with a pillion...found it very comfortable on his R....You sit a bit lower on the GT and its wider.

No, the pillion seats are not interchangeable...the recess at the rear of the riders seat is different. My Cobber tried my GT pillion seat on his R model and it bolts on ok but there is a gap between the two. He borrowed my seat and my pillion seat for a weekend away with a pillion...found it very comfortable on his R....You sit a bit lower on the GT and its wider.
Surprising, well thanks for confirming!

TriumphRocket3Seats.jpg

And a bit off topic: will a GT seat fit a 2016 Roadster? Any mounting kits available when not?
The 2nd gen Rocket 3 GT and R model seats are not compatible with the 1st gen Rocket Roadster. I don't think there are any mounting kits available to make it work. You can swap seats between all 1st gen Rocket Roadsters, Classics & Standards. The same is true of swapping seats between the 2nd gen GT and R models but swapping between the 2300 and 2500 is a no.

Back