RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I had a real hoot tuning my old 2004 Classic - really woke the old girl up with all sorts of goodies (exhausts, air filters, with maps to suit etc)
The GT however has less options to go with (unless you have a very thick wallet) but I was pleased to find that TuneECU is still one of the possible toys to play with and, well I just can't stop myself :whitstling:
There seems to only be one map available for my 2022 European model 31018Map.hex and it looks as if the restrictions in the lower gears are lifted and the the speed limiter removed. So can I ask my fellow Rocketeers if the experience is worthwhile?

Last edited:
I had a real hoot tuning my old 2004 Classic - really woke the old girl up with all sorts of goodies (exhausts, air filters, with maps to suit etc)
The GT however has less options to go with (unless you have a very thick wallet) but I was pleased to find that TuneECU is still one of the possible toys to play with and, well I just can't stop myself :whitstling:
There seems to only be one map available for my 2022 European model 31018Map.hex and it looks as if the restrictions in the lower gears are lifted and the the speed limiter removed. So can I ask my fellow Rocketeers if the experience is worthwhile?
I did the same map on, new to me, 2020 R3R in Australia.
Bike is definitely more responsive, snappier, on the throttle and pulls like a train with WOT, now that 100% is available. Stock map is reportedly a bit lean, too, for emissions I believe.
I had only riden her five times, before I did the remap, so was still getting a feel for the torque, but seat of the pants dyno felt more "surge" acceleration with stock map as opposed to a more linear acceleration with 31018.
I would like to be able to load stock map again, just to compare feel, but cannot identify which map on Tuneecu.
IMO, if you have paid good money for a bike and wind the throttle to the stops, you should get 100% opening, not 65% as factory set. That was my reason for the remap.

Thanks Bosco - looks like I will definitely try the map very soon :cool:
I really love the way that there is so much support for TuneECU, especially as it is freeware. My Indian cost me over £300 to remap using the Dynojet Power Vision, but this is 'married' to a single bike and the maps are quite generic, needing a full dyno session to get the best out of your bike. TuneECU has much more freedom to change and tweak things exactly the way you want it...... and its free!

Regarding the power levels in the stock map, it is my understanding that you get 40% in 'rain' , 65% in 'road' and 100% in 'sport' - is this not the case?

Last edited:
I really love the way that there is so much support for TuneECU, especially as it is freeware. My Indian cost me over £300 to remap using the Dynojet Power Vision, but this is 'married' to a single bike and the maps are quite generic, needing a full dyno session to get the best out of your bike. TuneECU has much more freedom to change and tweak things exactly the way you want it...... and its free!

Regarding the power levels in the stock map, it is my understanding that you get 40% in 'rain' , 65% in 'road' and 100% in 'sport' - is this not the case?
Here in the US you only get around 65% in sport mode

Indeed. Not the case. Even Sport mode is restricted.
This guy gives a good run down on Tuneecu tables of R3, showing factory restrictions.

Remap removes restrictions.

Back