Gremlins, they happen to everyone.

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Went out to investigate why my throttle was getting so snatchy slightly above idle. Like when the TPS is going out, except, this is a brand new TPS! Bike only has 2,000 miles since installed and voltages were set.

I found TPS at 0.56/0.68. Reset to 0.63/0.75 (I know it's slightly high, it's on purpose so the PC-V and ECU TPS values match), go for a test ride... Flawless now :p

Decided, check balance as well while I'm there. Here's what I found, they were exactly 600 even when I balanced them over winter.

Just goes to show, no matter how much maintenance you do, sometimes gremlins come play with things.

Went out to investigate why my throttle was getting so snatchy slightly above idle. Like when the TPS is going out, except, this is a brand new TPS! Bike only has 2,000 miles since installed and voltages were set.

I found TPS at 0.56/0.68. Reset to 0.63/0.75 (I know it's slightly high, it's on purpose so the PC-V and ECU TPS values match), go for a test ride... Flawless now :p

Decided, check balance as well while I'm there. Here's what I found, they were exactly 600 even when I balanced them over winter.

Just goes to show, no matter how much maintenance you do, sometimes gremlins come play with things.

Rob are those pcv voltages preset in the PCV? Curious and thinking if so I should change mine.

Not preset, you can calibrate the PC-V, closed and fully open voltage points.

If the TPS voltage is at .6 exactly, there's a certain amount of movement of the throttle between 0 and 1 percent when tuneECU is showing 0 the whole time. The PC-V use much better scaling so in my case when tuneECU finally showed 1 percent the PC-V was at 4, it was always 3 percent higher. Raising the value to 0.63 means only a tiny bit of movement and it registers 1 percent in TuneECU.

I also used @R-III-R Turbo guide to rescale the TPS percent columns in the PC-V to match the columns in TuneECU. By matching the throttle registration scaling with a changed TPS voltage and rescaling the columns I can now very easily and accurately translate my datalogs from the PC-V/AT into trims in TuneECU.

So after only 2 rides and 1 tuning session from logs, doing this TPS "misadjustment" has done more to smooth throttle response and make it feel more "correct" than any thing else.

Need more feedback from people without bored TBs as they bring their own set of complications. But I think going with .63 as the base voltage when using a power Commander V is potentially more functional than targeting .60.

Back