Greetings From New Rocket Owner

Recently purchased a new-to-me Rocket 3 Touring. It is still in transit so I haven’t had the privilege of riding it, but enjoyed a test ride a few months back on a different R3T. That sold me. I have been lurking the forum for a while, but glad to be here as a fellow member.
Welcome, not long here myself, but they're a friendly bunch and heaps of useful info to be had if you ask!
Happy days, tho too hot where I am in NZ to get the leathers on, the pool beckons!

Certainly a warm reception. Thanks all. I am a year-round rider, though I generally park the bike when the salt is on the roads. It pits the chrome I admit I like to ride more than clean. That said, I am hoping the shipper delivers this bike before the cold sets it. We have had an unseasonably warm winter so far, which is great.

tho too hot where I am in NZ to get the leathers on, the pool beckons!

download.jpg

Certainly a warm reception. Thanks all. I am a year-round rider, though I generally park the bike when the salt is on the roads. It pits the chrome I admit I like to ride more than clean. That said, I am hoping the shipper delivers this bike before the cold sets it. We have had an unseasonably warm winter so far, which is great.
It's global warming, but don't worry, little old New Zealand is leading the charge by banning single use plastic bags and future oil and gas exploration!! You probably can't pick up the sarcasm and utter contempt I have for our shambolic virtue signalling labour led Govt with a former fish and chip shop worker who's completely out of her depth as our prime minister. Dammit, now look what you started me on!!

It's global warming, but don't worry, little old New Zealand is leading the charge by banning single use plastic bags and future oil and gas exploration!! You probably can't pick up the sarcasm and utter contempt I have for our shambolic virtue signalling labour led Govt with a former fish and chip shop worker who's completely out of her depth as our prime minister. Dammit, now look what you started me on!!

Global warming will be good for motorcyclists!! Longer riding season!!

Recently purchased a new-to-me Rocket 3 Touring. It is still in transit so I haven’t had the privilege of riding it, but enjoyed a test ride a few months back on a different R3T. That sold me. I have been lurking the forum for a while, but glad to be here as a fellow member.
Welcome from Kansas City Missouri.

Woo Hoo, you go Mike and let rip!!Get that 'orange box' out and lets hear it all :inlove:inlove

Finally received my bike. Took it out for a short jaunt last evening and was pleased the whole time. Excited for the Spring time to roll in up North. Now to get on with some upgrades like the taller windscreen and sourcing the rear removable rack or one of the Scootworks tourpack setups. I admit, I will be pulling the megaphone exhaust that it came with and going back to the quiet OEM. I know that sounds sacrilegious considering all the exhaustive discussion on the subject.

Now to get to selling the FJR. Love that bike, but need the space in the garage so have to let that one go for now.

Attachments

• B813334A-BE28-41AD-91C0-2E2FA1C6D40A.jpeg
    B813334A-BE28-41AD-91C0-2E2FA1C6D40A.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 1
  • 676337CE-C0C3-488A-9938-4CCEB7EDEDE7.jpeg
    676337CE-C0C3-488A-9938-4CCEB7EDEDE7.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1
Back