Greetings from Montana

Welcome from New Jersey friarjohn! Enjoy the ride!

I've tried the Darkside and returned to the Brightside on this machine, John, and this is the tire I'd recommend to you for the rear: Link Removed

It performs very nicely and it has an extended wear compound in the tire which, properly used and maintained, should be good for 10-15K miles. Also, it will correct most of the 7% speedo deviation we have with the OEM tire. I will be pairing it with a 140 up front in the Spring, which will lighten up the front end considerably, improving steering, tracking and overall handling.

WELCOME JOHN FROM GOOD OLE KENTUCKY, WHERE THE MOONSHINE IS GREAT AND THE WOMEN ARE WILD!!!! :D WELL SOME OF US ARE ANYWAYS!!!! :eek: NOT SAYIN THAT I AM, JUST A QUITE MEMBER...RIGHT GUYS!!!!????

John,
Where did you buy you rocket? I know of a dealer in Missoula, or at least there used to be one there.

I bought it from a dealership in Ft. Myers, Florida. I bought my first Bonneville America in Missoula at Mike Tingley's. Mike and Betty are good people. That's where I rode my first demo Rocket in '05.

NO PROBLEMS HERE... :cool:;)... GLACEIR NATIONAL PARK IS ON MY LIST... AND I HAVE A LONG LIST...;):eek: ANY MONTANA RESIDENTS WILLIN' TO SPEAK UP ON THE SPEED LIMITS????? THANKS.. PAUL

The sad thing is I've only been to Glacier once, and that was in a car over 10 years ago. It's only about 3 hours away. I tried to get my riding group from work to go last year but they all wussed out. Usually when I go by there I'm on my way to British Columbia and boogieing right by with little time to sight-see.

I'd be happy to meet any Rocket Captains coming through this grand state. Speed limits are 75mph on the 4-lane interstates (drops to 65 passing through some cities like Billings, Missoula and Great Falls), and generally 70 on the two-lane state highways. "Reasonable and Prudent," along with the $5 "Energy Wasting Fee," went the way of the do-do a long time ago (before I moved back here in '98 from Colorado).

EDIT: Two lane highway speed limits generally drop 5-10 mph at night.

I've tried the Darkside and returned to the Brightside on this machine, John, and this is the tire I'd recommend to you for the rear: Link Removed

It performs very nicely and it has an extended wear compound in the tire which, properly used and maintained, should be good for 10-15K miles. Also, it will correct most of the 7% speedo deviation we have with the OEM tire. I will be pairing it with a 140 up front in the Spring, which will lighten up the front end considerably, improving steering, tracking and overall handling.

I'd love to know how it handles with that 140 on the front. I'm still not set on tires but I've had a lot of Avon Venoms and tend to love them. Of course, they don't last very long, even on a lighter bike with 60 or so HP. :D

The sad thing is I've only been to Glacier once, and that was in a car over 10 years ago. It's only about 3 hours away. I tried to get my riding group from work to go last year but they all wussed out. Usually when I go by there I'm on my way to British Columbia and boogieing right by with little time to sight-see.

I'd be happy to meet any Rocket Captains coming through this grand state. Speed limits are 75mph on the 4-lane interstates (drops to 65 passing through some cities like Billings, Missoula and Great Falls), and generally 70 on the two-lane state highways. "Reasonable and Prudent," along with the $5 "Energy Wasting Fee," went the way of the do-do a long time ago (before I moved back here in '98 from Colorado).

EDIT: Two lane highway speed limits generally drop 5-10 mph at night.
THANK YOU FRIARJOHN!!! :cool::D.. I WILL SEARCH ADV SITE FOR BEST WINDOW WEATHER WISE.. COME TO THINK OF IT.. I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THAT SITE SINCE THEY TRIED TO STEER ME AWAY FROM THE ROCKET!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU FRIARJOHN !!! PAUL

I like that two toned paint scheme my man. Very delicious. Welcome to the melee! Let the games begin!

Seems you're in my part of the country: the great west! Been traversing the Dakota's in warmer months, as well as New Mexico, Utah (my favorite), Arizona, Nevada (sin city has its appeal), all over Colorado (my current base of operations), and Wyoming (Devil's Tower is cool...and Yellowstone:eek:). Like Idaho too. Haven't turned my sights to Montana yet. So much to see, so little time...:rolleyes:

I'm running an Avon Venom up front and love it:)

Back