Greetings from Montana

friarjohn

.060 Over
I guess I never did post an intro. I finally got a Rocket III after all these years. Posted a few pics in my member gallery. It's a 2007 Classic Touring model, in blue and white (my second favorite color combo after black). It's pretty much put away for the winter now, with a fairly worn out rear tire. I'll put new skins on it next Spring.

I've been riding Bonneville Americas since 2002. I put 52,000 miles on my first one. Bought a "backup" in June. I couldn't pass up on the deal on the Rocket III last month.

I also own BonnevilleAmerica.com. I've been a moderator since the beginning (2002) but in January the founder handed the whole thing over to me, lock, stock and barrel. I still love the "little" cruiser and the site over there is a great, tight-knit community.

I'm not planning on a lot of changes to the R3. Mostly a few changes for comfort and to get some noise out of it (way too quiet). And, of course, tires. Not planning on going darkside anytime soon. Not judging, just sayin'... :D

hey john:D glad to see that you got some miles on the rocket before you had to put it away ..this is a very good site ...much like BA.com a tight-knit community..lot of info and they have some very cool rocket rally's :cool: that me and my wife hope to make some day ...

good to see you on a rocket!!!!

ED:cool:

Welcome to the site. I almost bought the same color Rocket, but changet to the Red and White due to having the America Blue and White. I frequent the BA site but have never posted. Have fun on the bike.

Welcome aboard Captain. I put Dunlop D251's on my 2010 touring.
It turned this Rocket into a rocketship. I really love them. I think
front and rear were about $330.00 to the door from ???
I can't remember. Its here somewhere. I'll post when I
find it.

Welcome to the site from Molino, FL. Enjoy your Rocket...I used to have a 2007 Rocket III Classic (black/red).

Dennis

Back