Great Smoky Mnt. Raid

vonbonds

Supercharged
Is anyone else going to the Triumph Great Smoky Mnt. Raid this weekend? I will be there on my Thunderbird Sport. I am staying in the Nantahala Resort. I leave tomorrow with the bike in the truck (first time in my life I am 4 wheeling it to an event) and will be in Bryson City by night time I figure. Drop me a line if you are attending, we can hook up!

Tom

I wish I could go, but my weekend is tied up. My brother lives in Bryson City, so I would have a free place to stay if I could stand all the kids and 5 litte dogs.

It took several tries to get even a little bit of information on where the RAT Raid is being held. Most dissappointing was mention of the event being held at a BYOB resort. Does that mean I have to bring my own bike:D or beer:eek:

Wish

I wish I could go, but I'm kind of tied up at the moment. It is a nice area, I visited the Gatlinburg/Pigeon/Marysville side of them in October, will have to do it on a bike some day.
Dennis
17 dtg!

See what you're going to be missing

It took several tries to get even a little bit of information on where the RAT Raid is being held. Most dissappointing was mention of the event being held at a BYOB resort. Does that mean I have to bring my own bike:D or beer:eek:

A buddy of mine sent me this picture...

Link Removed

I spent two great days down at the "Gap". No one in my group crashed which is a first in 3 visits to that area :). I was dragging on my kick stand and moved an exhaust bracket a hair on a few left handers on the Dragon. That scared me, I hadn't dragged parts on my Thunderbird Sport before. I have to keep remembering I can't keep up with a sport bike on anything I own on that road.

I met a few fellow Rocket riders but I have to admit I am bad with names. One guy had drilled out stock pipes with cat bypass, another had Jardines on a nice blue tribal and a few more had the normal TORs with catbox removed. I think I saw 6 Rockets in my two riding days there.

On a meaningless note I got pretty drunk my last night there and had to drive 10 hours home with a pretty good hang over :bch:.

Sounds like a good time, VB. Except for that hangover thingy, that is.

Good work dragging those parts on the T-Bird. You must have been pushing pretty hard!

Back