gps antennae mount

vanguard138

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
or those who have xm radio and use the garmin antennae , where are you mounting it? Mine is under the tank and obviously not picking up the signal.

Thanks,

Eric

I have a garmin 665 mounted and their is a disk type antennae that attaches to the garmin to receive xm radio/weather/traffic.

So you have used a mount on the handlebar for the disk? Garmin is attached with a ram mount. The disk is magnetic. I put is under the fuel tank but it does not pick up the signal from their unfortunately. Would have been nice for it to be out of sight. It will attach to the tank via magnetic back, but looks a bit out of place.

Don't know about you guys, but I have been severely underwhelmed with XM on the bike (not the rocket...the princess seat). XM comes through a Garmin 665 and the antenna is mounted under the fairing and I rarely get a signal. When I do it fades in and out. I really don't want the antenna visible on the outside of the bike. Thinking about just $hitcanning the whole affair

Basic principle, guys. Any satellite service, GPS, Sat Radio, etc., requires an unobstructed view of the sky by the antenna. That's just the way it works.

When I had the sat radio on the bike, it worked flawlessly. The shortcoming were the speakers.

You might try to place the puck on the top of the ignition switch cover. It might fit there. I don't know how big the puck that comes with the Garmin is but the one I have would fit there. I have a Corbin fairing so that wasn't an option for me.

GPS pùck (not Garmin) on the Front right fork just outside the screen mounting hardware. The electronics under the seat. Finds satellites fast despite the amount of screen chrome.

THE BEST PLACE is in the centre of a top case with a metal reflector plate placed behind the puck inside the case. I'm toying with relocating mine.

Went round and round today with Garmin and XM about not getting a signal. I had it under the tank but that did not work. So I put it on top of the tank. Magnetic disk, and it still did not work. Harmon finally said that the antenna must be detective. You have to love that made in China shxx.

Now they want me to send it back and they will give me a "refurbished" one. Customer service for XM really sucks with the foreigners fielding calls. I do not understand them and they do not comprehend.... Garmin is not much better.

I wanted the xm weather to avoid storms. I guess record I will just listen to my MP3...

Back