Got one eye on it....

Avons do cup eventually too, but it takes twice as long as the Metz, those are the only two I have experience with.

My second Avon front has also cupped. I'm going to try another Commander II and see what happems.
Sure do miss the Avon Azarro run backwards on the front - twas the best so far . . .

Thats probably why they dont make them now...lasted too long and because of this they didnt sell enuff af them!
I think it was just OLD - probably made for a smallish sports tourer from the 80's or early 90's. - When did you last see a 140/80 rear on a 17" rim.

And - for @1olbull - it's a bit subjective but I think this 150/70 Bridgestone rear has it beat. All clouds have silver linings.

I think it was just OLD - probably made for a smallish sports tourer from the 80's or early 90's. - When did you last see a 140/80 rear on a 17" rim.
And - for @1olbull - it's a bit subjective but I think this 150/70 Bridgestone rear has it beat. All clouds have silver linings.

Chris,
I'm liking the 150/70R17 size as tis the same dims (other than width) as the 140/75R17. However, I be thinking that BT-45V is a bias ply tire.
Try and ponder a Michelin Pilot Road 4 in a 150/70ZR17 with a 69W?
Spendy, but reviews are outstanding!

I'm liking the 150/70R17 size as tis the same dims (other than width) as the 140/75R17. However, I be thinking that BT-45V is a bias ply tire.
But I don't use the BT45 - And would not as it is not only NOT A RADIAL but also V rated. Today I have a BT021 fitted, but if I have to replace (and will have to soon) - I have the options BT023, T30EVO and T31 here. ALL W rated. All 150/70. Of the 3 . the T30EVO seems the better fit for me. But I will, as always, ask my tyre chap for advice. he will have a look at the current one and suggest accordingly.

It is now showing signs of starting to cup a bit. But frankly this is just a sign of weight, speed, and good side grip.

The choice of tyre is, ime, dependant on how and where you ride. Older UK riders will remember the Dunlop TT100 vs Avon Roadrunner discussions.

Checked the "Dot" symbol on my december 2016 Roadster...front Metzeler tyre...and guess what?..its 0115..!!
Thats 01 (first week) of 2015...makes it 3.5 years old now!!No wonder its wearing out fast. The side of the tyre is showing hairline fracture lines so its comin off in a week or two.....Grrrr, how can a dec 2016 bike have a jan 2015 tyre..?? makes a man wonder why i didnt check when the bike was new!

Back