Got my GPS Mount

@Journeyman if my Rocket and I are ever seen at a Starbucks please just put me out of my misery and buy me a GS. 🤪
Haha- yes- NEVER close to home where I know where to get real coffee, but on the road choosing between Mickey D's, gas station, or any of the other "dirty sock juice" dispensers I'll take Starbucks any day. What people call themselves is the very least of my worries, but I refused to be lectured by anyone.

Have you considered taking power from the DIN plug?
Yes, however the Thunder Box switches on after the engine has stabilized eliminating any potential voltage spike, but for all I know maybe that's much less of an issue than I'm making it out to be. The DIN socket on the nose is live as soon as the bike is turned on even before starting the engine. Maybe the TB's on-after-start feature is more geared towards power hungry accessories like heated gear and lights so they don't come on before the bike is running.
If I really wanted to it would probably be easier to wire the accessory fuse position through the TB.

Last edited:
So after all this I have decided to just attach a DIN plug to the GPS mount, plug it in on the nose and be done with it. I probably will only actually use my Zumo maybe 20% of the time and having that mount stick up in front of me constantly is going to get old real quick. I might even remove the rubber ball from the plate so the sun doesn't eat it up and reinstall it when needed. This s&it was making my head hurt and why can't we cuss in this forum anyways, we're all adults here for fu@ks sake!

Last edited:
GPS mount is installed and now comes the fun part, threading the cable through everything and and under the tank. But thanks to @Journeyman 's detailed posts and photos that task does not seem nearly as bad as I first anticipated. I finally have an excuse to use my endoscope. 😁
20240223_190034.jpg
20240223_190110.jpg
that’s a big units that doubles as a large flyscreen.
I refrain from having phone/gps mounted when riding motorcycles. I use the audio feed from the phone/navigation system though my Cardo comms system fitted to my helmet.. You can also do voice commands to changes destination, listening to music or taking phone calls. If you look down or away while riding you increase the likelihood of making mistakes…

I've tried it every which way and at least for me and how I want my phone/gps/headset to interact this is ideal for those times I actually use it.
that’s a big units that doubles as a large flyscreen.
I refrain from having phone/gps mounted when riding motorcycles. I use the audio feed from the phone/navigation system though my Cardo comms system fitted to my helmet.. You can also do voice commands to changes destination, listening to music or taking phone calls. If you look down or away while riding you increase the likelihood of making mistakes…

Back