Good Crash Bars

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I am a new R3 owner with a 06 standard . I am looking for a decent set of crashbars . The only choice seems to be OEM & Rivco. Not having dealt with the Rivco company I do not know anything about their products.
I want something sturdy enough to protect the bike in-case of a lay-down at low speeds ( say 30 _40MPH). When I had a Moto Guzzi Quota, that came with a set which were no more than thin wall conduit. in other words a waste of time and money.
Are there any other brands ???
Thanks in advance
Russ in OKC

Those are the only two I know of. Triumph did redesign theirs and made them stronger than the first version they released. They also have some adjustable highway pegs that you can mount. The Rivco ones are strong but they are a thinner diameter tubing. I don't think either would do much at 30 to 40 mph on an 900 lb bike though. BTW I have the Triumph set.

the oem bars are good bars they protected my engine when i totaled my 06 classic the bars was bent but did not break

These dresser bars are not going to do much for your bike or any bike at speeds of 30 to 40 mph as Pig9r said.

The dresser (Triumph does not call them crash bars) bars are mainly for if you forgot to put your kickstand down or got off of the bike wrong or for some reason your foot that was on the ground slipped on some oil and you were unable to keep the 900 lb beast from falling. The bars may get damaged but you should, for the most part, avoid damage (or at least major damage) to the bars, gas tank, etc... .

Good luck, I had the later model Triumph bars they were definitely thicker than the original ones that Triumph came out with.

Dennis

18 dtg KAF
23 dtg Dubai
24 dtg London

77 dtg Dubai
78 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, R3T ordering time)

It's gonna be hard to find some made of tool-steel that will hold up to sliding down the road with a thousand pounds on them (that is if your lucky enough to be on top of the bike at the time).
There are a few pictures here of R3's that went down, they all have that same bend.
Maybe you could get them customized with another piece welded from the bars to the engine/foot peg bar. Bet they wouldn't fold back that way.;)

Micksan:
We have the Rivcos on our '08 Standard and we like them just fine. Visually, they seem to "fit" the front contour of the radiator, and they are the same diameter as the foot control mounting bars. Here is a shot of them "bow on."

Don't know how well they would work in either crash or lay over; and hope fervently not to find out.

We trudge on.

WTO, you wouldn't have to use a wood block to make it sit up straight if you had a center stand. lol ;)

But I know first hand how much of a pain they are to install (the drilling and grinding) ... and they drag the ground a little in corners .... and they weigh a bit .... and, and .... well, I still like mine. hehe :)

Back