gearbox difficult on down change

zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
The last few months or so my gearbox sometimes gets reluctant to change down. Usually its when Im in 4th.
I can press harder and make it change down or I can change up and then down change and it will go into a lower gear easily.
Im worried its going to lead onto bigger and badder problems in the future.

I would like to take it the dealer but it only does it sometimes.
Its a march 08 build with 38000klms​

Couple of things could help. Long since your last oil change? I have found that if I go more than 5,000 miles (8000 km's) shifting gets more challenging. Also check your clutch adjustment. Follow the instructions for clearance in the manual. I was having problems finding neutral and adjusting the cable helped a lot.

Oil was done 6000klms ago at the scheduled interval(and it was doing it not long after the oil change and probably before the oil change as well from memory).

I have the required 2-3mm of play in the clutch lever,is there somewhere else it can be adjusted?

Neutral is easy enough to find(as long as Im not on a hill with front of the bike facing up hill)

Only does it once the gearbox is warmed up. I think it only happens a lower speeds,say less than 50kph(31 mph)

Back