Gunshots

This might be another good reason to always use the kill switch. Triumph doesn't put it there to serve as an ornament. I use it and its automatic every time I stop. No, I'll never get to it in a panic, but with a windscreen in place its a much easier way to quiet the beast. Key on, kill swich on, side stand up clutch engaged. " Lite the Fuse":flame:

I guess nobody ever reads the friggeen owners handbook..Page 29. (Ordinarily,only the ignition switch should be used to stop the engine..) (The engine stop switch is for emergency use.) Jack

Dont need no stinken switch

I'm of the impression that all motorcycle manufacturers integrate a kill switch not because they want to but because it's a required safety item and an item of standardization just like moving the shift and brake levers from the old brake-left, shift-right to what is the standard today. Just like DRL's.

I'll stand for correction on that if I'm wrong, but that's my assumption.
Iam sure your right Flip but now that all bikes have the flip over or vertical switch I think they could eliminate the kill switch and prevent having it towed home...BJC

You're absolutely right, Jack. Using either the kill switch and/or the sidestand to switch the engine off tends to invite the Rocket's engine electronics to go berserk.

My sample is small (although it's 3-year old ;) ) but I have determined that every other Rocket owner *****in' about capricious idling, decel popping, engine cutting off at stoplights, etc, had dunnit, at some point in time

And I thought that was public knowledge since the Fall of 2004:cool: Jamie

You're absolutely right, Jack. Using either the kill switch and/or the sidestand to switch the engine off tends to invite the Rocket's engine electronics to go berserk.

My sample is small (although it's 3-year old ;) ) but I have determined that every other Rocket owner *****in' about capricious idling, decel popping, engine cutting off at stoplights, etc, had dunnit, at some point in time

And I thought that was public knowledge since the Fall of 2004:cool: Jamie

I kill my engine every time with the kickstand, and have had no problems at all.

I always use my kickstart to stop engine too .No probs

The headlight bulb thing where the bike will not run with a headlight bulb out , well mine s been out for 6 months or more , still goes :D

Using the kill switch to stop the engine is like unplugging your computer without shutting it off. I think the the kickstand it doesn't shut the ecu off just kills the engine.

I was going to look at the schematic in the workshop manual but it's out in the shop and I'm in here so I'll look tomorow. I'm curious as to exactly what the sidestand switch opens in the circuit versus the kill switch. Pigger, you may be right, however. The Bonnie has a sidestand cut out switch that acts directly on the primary ignitor circuit.

Headlight Out

Help me out here. What's the deal with the bike not starting if one of the headlights is out? If true, it seems to me that Triumph has once again raised the bar for creative corporate stupidity.

Back