I would imagine that some people push kill switches for the same reason they call in fake pizza delivery orders........just to watch the ensuing action. If that was the case then you provided some great entertainment for a couple of snotty little adolescents with a sick sense of humor.

On the other hand you might have accidentally done it your self. I have accidentally hit mine at freeway speeds.

Dave,

You are not the Lone Ranger. I did it too. Someone flipped the Kill Switch when mine was parked outside of the Out-Back several months ago. I didn't go the wrecker route before I figured out the problem, but I did start checking fuses. Look at this way, you know your Road Service works.

At least you didn't loose your helmet..........................

I'm of the impression that all motorcycle manufacturers integrate a kill switch not because they want to but because it's a required safety item and an item of standardization just like moving the shift and brake levers from the old brake-left, shift-right to what is the standard today. Just like DRL's.

I'll stand for correction on that if I'm wrong, but that's my assumption.

USE the KILL SWITCH every time is a great suggestion, period. The availability of the kill switch while you're buried under a fallen bike is my guess why it's there.

Not I. I know it's there and when I do inadvertently forget to put the side stand up before selecting a gear within a day or two I have to do a 12 minute tune. Very sensitive electronics.
Flip, what is... and how do you do a 12 minute tune? Thanks in advance. I guessing it takes 12 minutes.:D

Last edited:
HiTec

Iam sure your right Flip but now that all bikes have the flip over or vertical switch I think they could eliminate the kill switch and prevent having it towed home...BJC

So why do you need a kill switch Read the god dam owners manual Rocky..TeHe

Last edited:
My sidestand switch has been disabled since the day I traded my " SpeedMaster " for the " Rocket " to the previous owner. I can start it , put it in gear, and drive off with the sidestand down. I'm not saying that's a good thing though.

The burned out headlight/not run must only happen when both headlights are out since I ran for 2 weeks with both beams on my left light burned out.

Back