future of Rockets

Local Honda dealer called and had their sales girl whisper 2008 Gold Wing All White with 27,000 miles for asking price of $17,895 in my ear over the phone and asked if I wanted to test ride Saturday and I said

HELL YEAH.

Wow, more for a 5 year old bike with 27,00 miles than I paid for mine new.

I understand what Ed is saying, I've wondered why they don't offer a real touring myself many times. But realistically, it would probably have pushed the price out of my range. To be honest, I was looking for a used Goldwing or Ultra Classic when I saw my first Rocket and fell in love, I was amazed at the price. And now that I'm used to it, one of the things I like about it, is that it is basically a really big standard, with bags and a windshield, LOL. I'm not sure if the Goldwing type bike would really suit me after all, but you never know.

and if the triumph Rocket went the gold wing way ..I don't think i would like it very much either tripps ..but I believe there is room in the market place for one it triumph would just step up...

Ed:cool:

My first "Touring" bike was a 92 H.D Electra Glide FLHS or otherwise known as the Electra Glide Sport. Windsheild and bags only, no other touring Amenities, my next Touring bike was an H.D. Road King Classic, again Windshield and bags only. If I'd wanted a full dresser I'd of bought a full dresser, I prefer the more minimalist approach. The Rocket Touring is outfitted exactly the same as my last two H.D's and thats just the way I like it.

If you want a GoldWing......buy a GoldWing ;)

My first "Touring" bike was a 92 H.D Electra Glide FLHS or otherwise known as the Electra Glide Sport. Windsheild and bags only, no other touring Amenities, my next Touring bike was an H.D. Road King Classic, again Windshield and bags only. If I'd wanted a full dresser I'd of bought a full dresser, I prefer the more minimalist approach. The Rocket Touring is outfitted exactly the same as my last two H.D's and thats just the way I like it.

If you want a GoldWing......buy a GoldWing ;)

lets add GoldWing to this ...
whats funny is when I look at pic's from the rally's I see Rockets all set up for touring...
big saddle bags ,trunks ,gps,cruise control,big windshield/farings,after market seat....
and i see lot riders using mp3 players..
some really good looking winnebago/GoldWings on 2 wheels..I think any way ;)

Ed:cool:

I ride to get away from noise and sutch I don't want no radio . Cruise control lol no thanks I ride on roads with corners I love the whole experience of being in the wind and elements and rain doesn't bother me. I like the little sport screens for aesthetic reasons may even get one but at this stage none of the other stuff is for me . Might change my mind when I'm an older fella though I guess . As long as your on two wheels who cares set ya ride up the way you like I say

I ride to get away from noise and sutch I don't want no radio . Cruise control lol no thanks I ride on roads with corners I love the whole experience of being in the wind and elements and rain doesn't bother me. I like the little sport screens for aesthetic reasons may even get one but at this stage none of the other stuff is for me . Might change my mind when I'm an older fella though I guess . As long as your on two wheels who cares set ya ride up the way you like I say

I agree, go with what you like and works for you. I got a R3R instead of a R3T because that's what I could find at the price I wanted to pay, and while I love the look of a naked bike, I had to put a windshield on as I like to drive fast and it was just too much wind for my comfort.

As I would like to take the bike to the store to pick things up, I'll probably put some saddlebags on next season, but that's as far as I would ever take it as my opinion is that I bought a motorcycle, a sporty one at that, and I did not buy a honda civic. If I want a cage wrapped around me with stereo, air conditioning, reclining seat and more, then I'll buy what works best for that. For me, I hardly ever wave to the trike riders because I just don't have much respect for them, but a fully dressed HD is by far still a motorcycle so I got nothing against them and will be happy to share my opinion with them as they always share theirs... they just better talk fast cause if I get bored, I'm leaving them in the dust.

What everyone is failing to consider is that if Triumph decided to up the goodies on the R3T and make it a full dresser similar to the Vic Cross Tour, it doesn't mean that they would discontinue the Roadster nor the current R3T. It would be an addition to the model line which would be a good thing for all of us as it would prolong the production cycle of the engine.

Roadster, Touring, and Grand Touring. It's a good thing.

I agree, go with what you like and works for you. I got a R3R instead of a R3T because that's what I could find at the price I wanted to pay, and while I love the look of a naked bike, I had to put a windshield on as I like to drive fast and it was just too much wind for my comfort.

As I would like to take the bike to the store to pick things up, I'll probably put some saddlebags on next season, but that's as far as I would ever take it as my opinion is that I bought a motorcycle, a sporty one at that, and I did not buy a honda civic. If I want a cage wrapped around me with stereo, air conditioning, reclining seat and more, then I'll buy what works best for that. For me, I hardly ever wave to the trike riders because I just don't have much respect for them, but a fully dressed HD is by far still a motorcycle so I got nothing against them and will be happy to share my opinion with them as they always share theirs... they just better talk fast cause if I get bored, I'm leaving them in the dust.

Some trike riders have to ride trikes because they have disabilities that restricts them from running on 2 wheels may still like the sound of the motor the wind in your face and feel the bike. There should be no disrespect to trike riders.
Maybe I'm taking what you posted wrong but that's how I'm reading it

Some trike riders have to ride trikes because they have disabilities that restricts them from running on 2 wheels may still like the sound of the motor the wind in your face and feel the bike. There should be no disrespect to trike riders.
Maybe I'm taking what you posted wrong but that's how I'm reading it

I understand what you are saying, but I just don't consider a trike a motorcycle. If a disabled person rides a trike to still enjoy a motorcycle I'm all for it, but I still probably will not wave at them unless I'm feeling generous that day or I know them to be disabled. I also do not wave at people in cars whether disabled or not.

Probably the only exception to this rule for me would be a trike I saw built once that used a Peterbuilt engine from an 18 wheeler that they turned into a trike with huge truck tires and all. Anyone riding that beast deserves a wave. :D

Found the video of that trike: Peterbilt Trike - YouTube

I understand what you are saying, but I just don't consider a trike a motorcycle. If a disabled person rides a trike to still enjoy a motorcycle I'm all for it, but I still probably will not wave at them unless I'm feeling generous that day or I know them to be disabled. I also do not wave at people in cars whether disabled or not.

Probably the only exception to this rule for me would be a trike I saw built once that used a Peterbuilt engine from an 18 wheeler that they turned into a trike with huge truck tires and all. Anyone riding that beast deserves a wave. :D

Found the video of that trike: Peterbilt Trike - YouTube

I wave to everybody cause you never know when you'll need a friend and you just can't have too many friends IMO :D

Hell life can be short...Live and Let Live :cool:

JMHO..

Back