Front tyre ..anomality ?

Isn't optimum operating temp somewhere around 65 - 70°?
I don't know really, I remember when I was flag marshal at local race track, you could peel off rubber and roll into wee balls. Those were race bikes/slicks though...

Its the front tyre so not affected by this recall
Agreed. However it could be interesting for each R3 2.5 owner to know when front and rear tyre were produced. Whatever the product, most of the companies only do a recall when the number of issues is increasing and significant.

Do keep an eye on your front tyre folks!
This might well be just mine, or i am exaggerating but it has made me aware of the fact that i very rarely inspected my tyres before this.
It seems to be a pretty soft compound front tyre on the R3 (unless it's not just mine) when i inspected the tyre there were a few grains of gravel 4-5 mm in size that didn't brush off but had to be peeled off. Now i m sure they would have fallen off already at city speed by themselves, but again, i can't recall having had gravel stick this "hard" to a tyre before.

I put 3K miles ( don’t feel like converting for you metric guys) on my front tire then had vibration. Dealer said out of round. Replaced

I've let it go now. After last ride it had all but disappeared. I "buy" the Avon guys explanation it i a imprint from the tarmac in the garage. Putting away the bike with a hot tyre in a garage that gets like a Finnish sauna after being sunbathed all day makes it pretty plausible IMO.

Do keep an eye on your front tyre folks!
This might well be just mine, or i am exaggerating but it has made me aware of the fact that i very rarely inspected my tyres before this.
It seems to be a pretty soft compound front tyre on the R3 (unless it's not just mine) when i inspected the tyre there were a few grains of gravel 4-5 mm in size that didn't brush off but had to be peeled off. Now i m sure they would have fallen off already at city speed by themselves, but again, i can't recall having had gravel stick this "hard" to a tyre before.
I live down a dirt road that has gravel and never found gravel stuck to my tire. That is not good. Even with a very warm tire after riding 55 miles in 90 plus heat this has not happened.

Back