Front fork extensions

It wasn't very stable and the extensions kept coming loose. I didn't keep them on very long. Yes it did make me feel pretty cool riding it. But it was a pain. Just like having very long hair as a teen was cool but was actually a pain. Cut it shorter by 12th grade.

Getting a leading link fork fitted to my trike in March.It should make it a pleasure to ride. Lumley Engineering. Will post photos when project gets underway.

When changing the forks for a trike or sidecar one changes the trail and not the rake or extension.

Extended forks look kind of cool for choppers and such but to me the handling stinks. I recall the first bike I rode with extended forks was a 650 BSA in the 60s. I couldn't wait to get off the thing.
My first Bonneville came with 8' extensions. Thankfully I also got the original OEM tubes with it. They were back on as soon as I got it home. One dangerous handling bike.

Last edited:
My first Bonneville came with 8' extensions. Thankfully I also got the original form tubes with it. They were back on as soon as I got it home. One dangerous handling bike.
And funny my old post should pop up. Vintage Triumph choppers are coming back and very popular. I have two to put together, a 57 flat tracker that I've previously mentioned and a 1958 TR6. I intend to build the 58 as a chopper. They also make great bobbers. Lowbrow Customs has quite a few parts for Triumphs as well as Harley.

And funny my old post should pop up. Vintage Triumph choppers are coming back and very popular. I have two to put together, a 57 flat tracker that I've previously mentioned and a 1958 TR6. I intend to build the 58 as a chopper. They also make great bobbers. Lowbrow Customs has quite a few parts for Triumphs as well as Harley.
Funny you mention Lowbrow I just now watched a movie having to do in part with them. Salt Ghost was the name. Also watched the Bonneville Project both interesting on a cold wet day.

Funny you mention Lowbrow I just now watched a movie having to do in part with them. Salt Ghost was the name. Also watched the Bonneville Project both interesting on a cold wet day.
I get their email newsletter and they've come out with a vintage style off road tires which looks to be perfect for Brit Desert Sleds like my C model.

Back