Front fork extensions

CCjon

All who wander... maybe just wanting coffee
Ride
2011 R3 sidecamper, GSA/EZS rig
Has anyone installed fork extensions on their Rocket? Maybe doing a trike conversion?
How long where the extensions and where did you buy them?

How difficult was the install?

Did you have to buy longer throttle and choke cables or brake hoses?

Thanks for any feedback.

Gerald

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket 3
Has anyone installed fork extensions on their Rocket? Maybe doing a trike conversion?
How long where the extensions and where did you buy them?

How difficult was the install?

Did you have to buy longer throttle and choke cables or brake hoses?

Thanks for any feedback.
Didn't change forks on a rocket but did on Kawasaki several years ago, regretted doing that, changed handling completely, I thought for the worse.

Gerald

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket 3
Didn't change forks on a rocket but did on Kawasaki several years ago, regretted doing that, changed handling completely, I thought for the worse.
Guess someone liked it though, took it off the walk way in front of house, never found it. Hope he wrapped it around a tree.

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
When changing the forks for a trike or sidecar one changes the trail and not the rake or extension.

Extended forks look kind of cool for choppers and such but to me the handling stinks. I recall the first bike I rode with extended forks was a 650 BSA in the 60s. I couldn't wait to get off the thing.

CCjon

All who wander... maybe just wanting coffee
Ride
2011 R3 sidecamper, GSA/EZS rig
When changing the forks for a trike or sidecar one changes the trail and not the rake or extension.
This is for a sidecar rig. Since I raised the rear, now need to raise the front to level the bike once more. Extensions can do that.. and change the rake too.

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I once as a kid had a bicycle like this with double extended forks.

You must have been the kid in the article that I just read about a long time Hell's Angel member. Back when he was a kid, one of the members extended the front forks on his banana bike and he thought it really added the cool factor to it. He joined the Angels years later.

Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
You must have been the kid in the article that I just read about a long time Hell's Angel member. Back when he was a kid, one of the members extended the front forks on his banana bike and he thought it really added the cool factor to it. He joined the Angels years later.
Bet he got some wicked speed wobbles ?

Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
This is for a sidecar rig. Since I raised the rear, now need to raise the front to level the bike once more. Extensions can do that.. and change the rake too.
Trouble with fork extensions is an inherent weakness at the join , unless you use longer stansions? but still not suitable for the extra weight ! Best to use a cantilever fork conversion , not cheap but the best set up for an outfit !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock