Front End Wobble

So do Cuban cigars......I'll have to hit up Raymond for some...................

Jack, per chance you don't have an account at Harbor Fright do ya?:eek:
No Flapper I don't have an account at harbor fright, I make stuff for them.Show me a tool in the manual that you cant make yourself other than the Diagnostic tool..To run out and buy tools that you use one time is not to economic..BJC

No Flapper I don't have an account at harbor fright, I make stuff for them.Show me a tool in the manual that you cant make yourself other than the Diagnostic tool..To run out and buy tools that you use one time is not to economic..BJC

But Jack, when you buy any tool at Harbor Fright you can only use it one time....then it's broken.:eek:

Fliper

and the jobs done and you saved a small fortune.I know what your saying,I have the best spray guns and tools that I use all the time,I just don't work on tractors to much,.When I do I can go to the base and borrow anything I need and don't have to store it..Oh forgot PAY YOUR TAXES>>ON TIME>>

Sorry Folks

I have not updated my status in a while, but here's the latest. I took my bike to the dealer and against my better judgement, they convienced me that my front end wobble was due to the front tire, so I bought a new one. I still have front end wobble, not as bad, but it is still there. It's going back down to get fixed.

I have not updated my status in a while, but here's the latest. I took my bike to the dealer and against my better judgement, they convienced me that my front end wobble was due to the front tire, so I bought a new one. I still have front end wobble, not as bad, but it is still there. It's going back down to get fixed.

It's relatively easy to check the pre-load on the headstock so do it before you take it to the stealer. Lift the front end off the ground (easily done with a small bottle jack and a 2x4) and roatate the front end lock to lock observing how easily it drops from centerpoint to lock on the right or left. If it falls over like a limp dick, center the forks, have someone steady the bike, get in front of the front tire (with the fender in your ******), bend over and grab the axle and lift straight up and down. If there is any play in the headstock, yol'll feel it in your hands. While you have the front wheel raised off the ground, spin it. You may have a disc out of round (too much runout). That would also cause a front end wobble as the disc will hang on the pads as it passes through them. You also need to check each disc and make sure the disc iteslf is floating on the restraining posts (those are the posts between the disc and the inner spider). There needs too be a little movement of the disc, both radially and laterally on those pins. If the disc becomes frozen on the pins, it will assume the out-of-round condition and could cause a wobble.

Back