Front end wobble returned; this time I went down

I was doing about 75mph on I-75 north out of Chattanooga Monday, when my front end wobble reappeared. A real tank slapper this time! Broke my collar bone, 3 ribs, 5 bones in my foot. The Grace of God and my gear kept me safe from a worse fate. The R3T is toast. ATGATT!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I was doing about 75mph on I-75 north out of Chattanooga Monday, when my front end wobble reappeared. A real tank slapper this time! Broke my collar bone, 3 ribs, 5 bones in my foot. The Grace of God and my gear kept me safe from a worse fate. The R3T is toast. ATGATT!!!

Sorry to hear do you know what caused the wobble is your front tyre unevenly worn

So sorry to hear. Hope you mend quickly.

How did you clear up the earlier wobble? Anxious to hear if the cause can be determined.

As it turned out, I guess I didn't cure it. I only thought I did. I was obviously, sadly mistaken.

Crap, sorry to hear about your crash--glad you are relatively ok. Really sucks that it was a mechanical issue with the R3T and pretty much out of your control. What had you done previously to remedy the front end wobble? Hope you heal and get back to riding quickly.

After reading through the previous thread, I'm thinking the headstock bearings are too loose. Mine is doing a shake if I take my hands off the bars, and I'm betting that's the cause.

Again, so sorry about your off, and I hope you mend quickly. And hope you're insured.

Something I picked up from Cycle World, I believe: Jack up front end, and it should take somewhere near 1 lb pressure to move the front end side to side. Does this sound near correct? Faulty old memory banks.

Ouch:eek: Sorry to hear about your tank slapper crash. A lot of us have had the low speed hands off wobble but yours is the only one I have heard of that had a high speed hands on wobble. I find it hard to believe tire issues can cause that, there has got to be something seriously wrong with the front end set up.

Glad you were wearing the right gear to minimize the injuries.

Back