From the land of potatos!

Welcome Alister!

Sorry I didn't get here earlier but I had a whole list of Honey Doooos to tackle and if MaMa ain't happy I don't get no Rocket time. So far my Rocket has cost a lot more than just dollars :eek:...

I've always like potatoes... I don't care what Oprah says.

Don't eat the green peels

...I've always like potatoes... I don't care what Oprah says.

Solinine the deadly poison in NightShade is present in green tomatoes and in the green peelings of potatoes. A mess of green potatoes peelings has been known to kill a dog.

But you can dry green peelings and store them in the paniers or under the seat safely. See how I worked that back onto topic:D And what was it that dumpy windfree said?

Alister,
I didn't read this thread until this morning. You are the first Idaho R3 owner I have seen on this forum, and I was beginning to think I would never see another Rocket on the road around here. I live in Eagle, and I have had my Classic for about 10 months. We should try to arrange a ride. Enjoy the Rocket, and watch your speed. I got lighted by a cop on Friday, and I was pulled over yesterday in Emmet.

Alister,
I didn't read this thread until this morning. You are the first Idaho R3 owner I have seen on this forum, and I was beginning to think I would never see another Rocket on the road around here. I live in Eagle, and I have had my Classic for about 10 months. We should try to arrange a ride. Enjoy the Rocket, and watch your speed. I got lighted by a cop on Friday, and I was pulled over yesterday in Emmet.

Hey, no kiddin'! Eagle's not at all far from here... maybe forty-five minutes. Provided one keeps to the speed limit...:eek:

Solinine the deadly poison in NightShade is present in green tomatoes and in the green peelings of potatoes. A mess of green potatoes peelings has been known to kill a dog.

But you can dry green peelings and store them in the paniers or under the seat safely. See how I worked that back onto topic:D And what was it that dumpy windfree said?

R:

You are a veritable dictionary of information. I never knew what was in Nightshade but I do know that Nightshade works really well for poison ivy or poison oak or yellowjacket stings. Crush the berries and rub the goo on the PI, the PO or the sting. A copper penny also works on bee stings and spider bites, other than really poisonous spiders.

I've been using Nightshade for years as I'm highly allergic to poison ivy and poison oak and I don't like using a Medrol Dose Pack. The steroids are really hard on you.

Last edited:
Hey Alister, nice to have you here and welcome to the power addicts society.:D

7 times better than the Dragon

People can say all they want about great places to ride, but Idaho has em all beat, This was August of 03 half the state was on fire (thats smoke in the background not fog). No question the best road I have ridden. They just put it so far away from Michigan. I was on the beemer then. My brother rode the Softail. I made him ride in the back so I didn't get in the oil:D Welcome aboard

Attachments

• Winding Road.jpg
    Winding Road.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 41
There really are some breathtaking places here! I just followed Hwy 20 out of Mountain Home, and went down to the Anderson Dam rec area. Nice, rolling hills... then out of nowhere, a spectacular canyon carved in the middle of those green hills!

Forgot the camera, though. Great excuse to go again!

Back