Fork Mounted LEDs - Cool or Not-Cool?

smordue1

Steve in Tampa
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT in fast Black
A buddy of mine had a set of 2" diameter, fork mounted LEDs on his BMW. They were very cool and I wanted a set for the new R3. Company is here: Clearwater Lights LED Motorcycle Lights and Off-road Vehicle model is Darla. I sent them an email asking if they have, or planned to make, a bracket for the 2020 R3. Afterwards, I noticed this pic in their gallery of a Rocket with the larger lights 3.7" diameter (I prefer the smaller 2.2" diameter ones. Not cheap!

Those look like excellent quality lights. Do they show you what the spread pattern and distance is like?

Here is the option I chose for my 2012 Roadster, purchased from Stedi in Australia. 25 watt, spot lights, all aluminum and excellent quality. Tight spot beam goes a long way down the road. You can also get them in flood along with 10 watt and 5 watt power versions. Take a look at the site. Also, if you become a member the prices for these drop. Only issue is the shipping isn't free outside of 'down under'. Motorcycle & ATV

1607964064730.png
1607964242387.png
IMG_2003[1].JPG

Last edited:
A buddy of mine had a set of 2" diameter, fork mounted LEDs on his BMW. They were very cool and I wanted a set for the new R3. Company is here: Clearwater Lights LED Motorcycle Lights and Off-road Vehicle model is Darla. I sent them an email asking if they have, or planned to make, a bracket for the 2020 R3. Afterwards, I noticed this pic in their gallery of a Rocket with the larger lights 3.7" diameter (I prefer the smaller 2.2" diameter ones. Not cheap!
Spot them alligators

I put a set of Darla's on my Classic. OMG..... Talk about bright. The idea for me is to be more conspicuous during daylight hours. I run the yellow lens that are easily changed to clear if I want. I love the fork mount. The lights follow the fork, they turn when you turn. The intensity is adjustable. At night with traffic, I turn them down a bit. They are pricey but are very well made of high quality materials. Judging from the photo, looks like they make a mount for the new Rocket.

How to turn a rocket into a moon lander...

Clearwater makes very nice stuff. I've seen a few on vintage bikes at shows in the last two years. They are $$$ and not for the frugal minded :)

Did you get a reply about the brackets? These are what I am looking for

Those look like excellent quality lights. Do they show you what the spread pattern and distance is like?

Here is the option I chose for my 2012 Roadster, purchased from Stedi in Australia. 25 watt, spot lights, all aluminum and excellent quality. Tight spot beam goes a long way down the road. You can also get them in flood along with 10 watt and 5 watt power versions. Take a look at the site. Also, if you become a member the prices for these drop. Only issue is the shipping isn't free outside of 'down under'. Motorcycle & ATV
Gotta say...The "old" R3 still looks terrific!
Back to the original post. I like the light but agree small is the way to go those look a little 'agricultural' being that size...jlust my opinion.

Back