For some reason my last thread didn't post.

Fishbein

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket III Touring 2014 (previously 2008)
Apart from Darkside and durability issues, which tire has the best traction: Metzler or Cobra? Fish

Its been a while but don't you have an R3T??

If so, I think the Cobras are softer and stick better. I got about 8K from the Avons compared to about 10K from the Metz and they stuck better. Now, from what I've heard from others, the opposite may be true for the 240 tire on the other models.

..I'm running Avons..240 on the rear..had one panic stop..the back tire locked up quick and skidded sideways..I'm thoroughly convinced I let off just in time enough to prevent a highside and also hitting the truck head on that was occupying both lanes..for that reason alone, I'm putting a car tire on..probably Riken Raptor..

Hey FB, haven't seen you for a while. I hope that all has been well and you had a good summer. It's good to see you back posting.

I've never used a Cobra on the back, but on the front I preferred it to the Metz. However, having said that I don't use either now.
Hey, man, good to hear from you I couldn't get back on and had to make a call so figured I'd try the Cobras. Just picked up the bike. On the ride home notice they lean more easily than Metzlers unless it's because they're new. If weather is good will test them out mañana. Feel like they are just begging for twists.

Its been a while but don't you have an R3T??

If so, I think the Cobras are softer and stick better. I got about 8K from the Avons compared to about 10K from the Metz and they stuck better. Now, from what I've heard from others, the opposite may be true for the 240 tire on the other models.

Thanx Gpm Yeah mine is a touring. Cool to hear. Want best grip. Others said cobras last longer but I thought they were softer too. Love the grooves

..I'm running Avons..240 on the rear..had one panic stop..the back tire locked up quick and skidded sideways..I'm thoroughly convinced I let off just in time enough to prevent a highside and also hitting the truck head on that was occupying both lanes..for that reason alone, I'm putting a car tire on..probably Riken Raptor..

Hey bud. Good to hear from you. Yeah I had lockup issues and put more abrasive brake pads on which helped a bit. Also very hesitant to put any pressure on back (different from any bike I've had). I can tell already the cobras lean over quickly. But if grip is good could be fun in the mountains. Just went on a 4 - day 750 mile trip thru mtns in va md and mostly w va and was slipping on front Metzler so decided to change tires.

iOk - took the cobras for 115 miles and so far I love them. They grip really well are angled perfectly for sharp turns. It's almost like sport bike racing tires built for a monster cruiser. Hit very mild rain and didn't slip at all but I reserve judgement for some more miles and more conditions. FYI my stock Bridgestones went 6500 miles and Metzlers lasted 7000 miles. Curious to see how long these cobras last as they feel softer. But my shop claims they grip about the same as Metzlers but last longer.

Back