The reason triumph didn't place the highway pegs on is that it doesn't fit their narrative of Sport bike first, Cruiser second and Touring bike a distant third.

Agreed. I refer to it as a "giant naked sportbike", rather than a "power cruiser".

I have to think that Triumph is considering a touring-oriented bike based on a tweaked 2500 case and different chassis, but may be reluctant to risk cannibalizing sales of the GT without taking market share from other manufacturers. The compromise would be to come out with a range of actual touring accessories.

Agreed. I refer to it as a "giant naked sportbike", rather than a "power cruiser".

I have to think that Triumph is considering a touring-oriented bike based on a tweaked 2500 case and different chassis, but may be reluctant to risk cannibalizing sales of the GT without taking market share from other manufacturers. The compromise would be to come out with a range of actual touring accessories.
..it'll never happen...Touring bikes aren't Triumph's thing....they will leave that to the likes of Harley,Honda etc...Triumph's sales are aimed at Adventure, Sports and cruisers.

I ordered these pegs to test as fixing point looked like might work, good price and won't be big lost if doesn't fit:
Reposapi-s-para-el-pasajero-compatible-con-Honda-CB125R-NEO-SPORTS-CAFE-CB600F-Hornet-CB650F-C...jpg

Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Fitted ok, not so tight fit and a bit free play, but will do. There is pins between assemply unit and linkage to to secure it to be in position. Original left side goes forward, so left side peg holder is in upper position and twisted these to point forward and a bit down. Gear adjustment with quickshifter is as short as can be. At right side i pointed it upwards and a bit further fron, so pegs won't be so oddly different position when you look above. Original foot beg holder is at right side in lower position, but these pegs are sill higher than original in upper position and won't scratch asphalt so easily. Those screws on peg really holds boots well from slipping. Original spring to push pegs down i had to twist a bit. It was easy job and i am happier with these than original ones.

I ordered these pegs to test as fixing point looked like might work, good price and won't be big lost if doesn't fit:
Reposapi-s-para-el-pasajero-compatible-con-Honda-CB125R-NEO-SPORTS-CAFE-CB600F-Hornet-CB650F-C...jpg

Fitted ok, not so tight fit and a bit free play, but will do. There is pins between assemply unit and linkage to to secure it to be in position. Original left side goes forward, so left side peg holder is in upper position and twisted these to point forward and a bit down. Gear adjustment with quickshifter is as short as can be. At right side i pointed it upwards and a bit further fron, so pegs won't be so oddly different position when you look above. Original foot beg holder is at right side in lower position, but these pegs are sill higher than original in upper position and won't scratch asphalt so easily. Those screws on peg really holds boots well from slipping. Original spring to push pegs down i had to twist a bit. It was easy job and i am happier with these than original ones.
Got some photos you can show us?

Not bad looking pegs. Similar design to those fitted to my trials bike. One tip. Check to see if grubs screws are Loctite fitted. If not, it's worth the time to give each a little dab as they are prone to vibrate loose and disappear.

Back