The pegs on the GT and R are too thin and too short. They are made this way to keep the the desired lean angle before they scrape. I would settle for a little wider and certainly longer. On my Mid controls going into hard leans my boots always strike the road surface and that will wake you up rather quickly. I have to more or less stand on my tip toes in turns so my boots don't make contact and snap my foot. If you have baby feet all is good. If you're a grown up prepare to tip toe on the tiny pegs in hard leans. Frustrating for sure.
turn your toes in ....or do you have size 15's?lol....

I've not dragged feet yet but much more comfortable with the GT controls all the way back. I'm 6'2" w/32" inseam and was too stretched out in middle position. The controls and pegs are rather tiny. I too wish there were floorboards on the GT or some aftermarket.

turn your toes in ....or do you have size 15's?lol....
Not even close my friend. The pegs are 4"X2". I've seen toothpicks bigger. How people with big feet can accommodate the popsicle sticks is beyond me although for general riding they are comfortable enough. I also believe the foot wear has something to do with it. If I wore tennis shoes that are more pliable it would be better on the pegs. I wear heavy duty boots that have a ton of support in the ankles and are heavily padded in case I go down. Maybe get a smaller boot? I'll look at the Baby Gap store for some.:thumbsup:

Took Ruby for a blast along The Putty Rd, today. Motorcycle Nirvana, in New South Wales, Australia.
R3R she has the mid mount pegs. I find the seating/control position very comfortable for everyday riding, although the way that the saddle cups you, I feel that the bars could be another 1" back to make it perfect.
Once the riding gets a little more sporty, she handles the Twisties well, I shift my position. Toes on the pegs, rather than arch, sitting forward, elbows bent.
Now the bars feel that they are in the right position, but I need the pegs to be rearset some.
In my mind's eye, I can see what needs to be done, but feel that the master cylinder setup makes it unfeasible.
Are there any rearset pegs on offer, anywhere yet? I cannot find anything aftermarket.

PUIG is about the only thing I've found. Look at the Enduro 2.0 with the offset mounts just to get close to the stock offset. The way they are designed just about eliminates anything normal from just swapping out.

Had the fwd controls for the first 2000km and then switched to the mid controls. I put on the rox risers too. Added Madstad brackets and compozite windshield and I'm very comfortable touring now. So happy with the mods. I'm 5'9 if I stand tall:)
Threw a pair of highway pegs together from the leftover mid-range modification parts. There was a thread on these a long time ago with more pics and part numbers. footpeg iii.jpg footpeg.jpg

Had the fwd controls for the first 2000km and then switched to the mid controls. I put on the rox risers too. Added Madstad brackets and compozite windshield and I'm very comfortable touring now. So happy with the mods. I'm 5'9 if I stand tall:)
Threw a pair of highway pegs together from the leftover mid-range modification parts. There was a thread on these a long time ago with more pics and part numbers. footpeg iii.jpg footpeg.jpg
There ya go. How did the right side turn out?

The reason triumph didn't place the highway pegs on is that it doesn't fit their narrative of Sport bike first, Cruiser second and Touring bike a distant third. It certainly is a jack of all trades although Triumph wants the emphasis on the Sport Bike first. That's the reason for the tiny windshield and panniers that go on and off and no real rear fender. Having highway pegs on doesn't help the back road demon look does it. I like them and there should be at least accessories from Triumph that include the pegs so a rider can build the type of Rocket he/she wants. :thumbsup:

Back