.....and.....if you hav the GT and want pegs under you...so you can stand up and stretch or maybe to use them to stand on when mounting up...you may need to swing your leg high over luggage?....then get a bracket made with pegs to fit the midmount holes...just maybe?
i do that now on the R just going to get pegs and a plate made then i have exactly what i want

Can you tell me if a 5'9 Ft (1.77 mts) fellow would be ok with the GT forward controls for long rides?
OR
Do you think the mid control kit is a better option.
Thanks
Cheers
LCL

Can you tell me if a 5'9 Ft (1.77 mts) fellow would be ok with the GT forward controls for long rides?
OR
Do you think the mid control kit is a better option.
Thanks
Cheers
LCL
Hi,

I am the same height as you. I found the the standard location for the GT pegs was a slight stretch, I moved the pegs to their nearest position and have no issues. The small tank range means you get to stretch your legs every 140 miles or so anyway. I did think of adding a set of R pegs in the mid position (without controls) but decided against it as I can see myself catching them with my ankles every time I stop and have to put my feet down.

Awesome review of the pegs...thanks a lot, I was debating if I really need it, but according to you guys, it is not necessary to change it.
Makes me feel better as I did not want to spend that extra money, so I can actually buy some different mods for it..
Cheers
LCL

It's been a year... has anyone done this?

I'm about to become a proud new owner of a "GT" and am a little concerned about the comfort of those forward controls on long rides. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the forward controls and would want nothing else on a cruiser but to be completely honest, I actually find mid position more enduring, so the option of having forward controls but aditional mid pegs sounds perfect!

So has anyone done this, and are there any photos to show what it looks like?

If a custom bracket has to be made I was thinking of potentially fabricating foldable floorboards, such that they will be folded up most the time but should you need a change you can fold them down and rest your feet beneath you for a few miles. Possibly something like what many have for pillion pegs. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Last edited:
It's been a year... has anyone done this?

I'm about to become a proud new owner of a "GT" and am a little concerned about the comfort of those forward controls on long rides. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the forward controls and would want nothing else on a cruiser but to be completely honest, I actually find mid position more enduring, so the option of having forward controls but aditional mid pegs sounds perfect!

So has anyone done this, and are there any photos to show what it looks like?

If a custom bracket has to be made I was thinking of potentially fabricating foldable floorboards, such that they will be folded up most the time but should you need a change you can fold them down and rest your feet beneath you for a few miles. Possibly something like what many have for pillion pegs. Has anyone heard of anything like this?
I am looking for a similar solution as well, I was hoping there is something out there along those lines but could not find any. Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised the forward pegs were comfortable ( I am 6 ft tall and have the pegs to the closest positions).

i thought i preferred my feet under me as my 2016 Roadster had but i wanted all the bits the GT offered so thats what i got. My thoughts were to get mid mounted pegs and leave the forward pegs there for hiway pegs...but now...you know what?...i love the forward pegs!...they are not too far forward to be a stretch so its all g.
Hi - I just ordered the same bike. I'm 5' 10.5" - wondering if the highway pegs are too far forward

Does anyone know of any aftermarket footpegs/mini floorboards for the 2.5 Rockets? I have mid-controls. I have not seen anyone that offers something like that.

The pegs on the GT and R are too thin and too short. They are made this way to keep the the desired lean angle before they scrape. I would settle for a little wider and certainly longer. On my Mid controls going into hard leans my boots always strike the road surface and that will wake you up rather quickly. I have to more or less stand on my tip toes in turns so my boots don't make contact and snap my foot. If you have baby feet all is good. If you're a grown up prepare to tip toe on the tiny pegs in hard leans. Frustrating for sure.

Back