Foggy Indicators

Sandybandy

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Hi to all,
Weather forecast Friday was sunshine with some showers, I had a 65 mile journey so I put the waterproofs on and got going. The showers started, then turned into constant light rain, then into heavy rain, then into thunderstorms and lightning then into floods! My cheap budget water proofs worked well and I was bone dry, unfortunately the indictors didn't fair as well. The last couple of days have been dry and sunny but the indictors (front and back) are still foggy inside. I have looked at the indicators to see if there is a way to take off the lens to dry them out but they seem to be a sealed unit, my question to all you knowledgeable peeps is how to dry them out? The indicators are the small non-US versions.
Thanks in advance.

Can you take some close-up pictures of the lenses? I can't find the assembly diagram online, but I would assume that it comes apart. If it doesn't, I would try taking a hair dryer to it, or VERY GENTLY warming it with a heat gun to try to evaporate the water out of it. Another fun way to get water out of it, since the indicators are the little pod things, would be to fill a ziplock with rice and rubber band it around the indicator, leave it overnight a la "I dropped my $1000 iPhone in the crapper."

Back