Fitting Panniers to a GT

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
...so i decided i need some Panniers as next February a bunch of us are circumnavigating the North Island of NZ over about 7 or 8 days. I went ahead and purchased the 25 litre bags and got the tumblers out of my folder and put the key in the slot in readiness to insert into the bag. First time it was the wrong way so i pulled the key out!...all the tumblers and wee springs fell out and went who knows where!!...GEEZ!...
Over two frustrating days i found all of them with the use of a pen style magnet and my strongest reading glasses!...Have you any idea how hard it is to find teeny small springs on your garage floor?!...Any way i was alot happier having found them!
Then i had to figure out how it all goes back together. The wee brass tumblers have numbers on them. There are six all together...one has '5' on it, two have '2' on them and the other three have '4' on them.
I used my key and found where number 5 went so the key pushed thru and the tumbler came back in when the key was all the way home...the 2's went on the same side and all the 4's went on the other...it took me several hours to work all this out sitting at the dining table with everything inside a box lid so i didnt lose anything.
Finally i had it nutted out and pushed the tumbler into the pannier lock and it clicked in nicely...the key turns and its all good!.....
One relieved man now!

tu pourrais mettre des photos
Merci
I am not sure if the locksets are the same for Rocket 3 panniers as earlier Rocket III Touring and other Triumph motorcycle hard case locks but here are links to plenty of photos of similar locks,

• Reference​

• Part Number​

T2500698
  • Description​

T3 LOCK BARREL PANNIERS
1661664412945.png

Generic BMW type

1661663014250.png

I am not sure if the locksets are the same for Rocket 3 panniers as earlier Rocket III Touring and other Triumph motorcycle hard case locks but here are links to plenty of photos of similar locks,

• Reference​

• Part Number​

T2500698
  • Description​

T3 LOCK BARREL PANNIERS
1661664412945.png

Generic BMW type

1661663014250.png
similar but not the same...

Back