First time brake pad change...

MIG

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
Thanks to this site and a mostly accurate YouTube video I was able to install a set front/rear EBC brake pads in about 40 minutes. My compliments to the Triumph engineers who made it a fairly straight forward procedure! Though, I didn't follow the maintenance manual for the rear and was able to do the whole procedure without removing the caliper. Key for the front was simply to ensure you remove some brake fluid before starting. Test ride pending...
I found it interesting my rear brakes were more worn than my front.
-MIG

Though, I didn't follow the maintenance manual for the rear and was able to do the whole procedure without removing the caliper. Key for the front was simply to ensure you remove some brake fluid before starting. Test ride pending...
I found it interesting my rear brakes were more worn than my front.
-MIG

I have run into that also. I don't think it is because of the occasional trailing braking I do in corners and I have ridden sport bikes forever so I am always using the front brake more than the rear. I am going to have to pay more attention to my braking habits on this thing.

Make sure to follow the break in procedures for the EBC brake pads and they will perform like a champ.

bob

I have run into that also. I don't think it is because of the occasional trailing braking I do in corners and I have ridden sport bikes forever so I am always using the front brake more than the rear. I am going to have to pay more attention to my braking habits on this thing.

Make sure to follow the break in procedures for the EBC brake pads and they will perform like a champ.

bob
Well I too trail brake and often use the rear brake/clutch combo in heavy slow moving traffic... which since I've moved to Miami, is significantly more...
Yes, EBC recommends going easy for the first 100 miles to bed them in... so that's 3 days going to work :)
-MIG

Finally got my test ride in before work tomorrow; and let me start with 'I'm the guy who changes a light bulb and feels the engine runs smoother'... But let me say, those EBC brake pads are PHENOMENAL!!! I had to pay more attention to my braking pressure as I was stopping much faster than expected.
-MIG

Back