First post: question about search for Rocket

I would like to clear in saying that I never expect not to have problems but having to split the cases to repair a tranny is not the kind of work I enjoy. I do all my own work (because this what I did for a living)and just the thought of having to pull the engine and completely disassemble it is not what i would call a pleasant retirement pastime, not to mention the acquisition of any special tools to complete the job.
Good info, thanks guys...

gabe,
just for the record my roadster had done just over 5000 miles,it ended up with triumph replacing the complete engine/gearbox with a bill i saw for £8500 English pound,
imagine if i did not have warranty with the dealer ?
they then said they would give me 1yrs warranty with the new engine no more,hows that for there belief in there workmanship ?

Welcome from South Australia.
Get as late as you can as most of the common problems have been sorted, ABS so 2010 or later, I have a 2012 with 50k on it and zero problems so far............. touch wood, sometimes it is just the luck of the draw.

gabe,
just for the record my roadster had done just over 5000 miles,it ended up with triumph replacing the complete engine/gearbox with a bill i saw for £8500 English pound,
imagine if i did not have warranty with the dealer ?
they then said they would give me 1yrs warranty with the new engine no more,hows that for there belief in there workmanship ?
can i just ad this,
if you use the bike for pottering about and touring etc,the box/engine might last,but to be honest i used it too its full so using it as a sports thrasher poss killed it.

You can find older Rockets pretty cheap, but expect to have to do some maintenance work. I own a 2013, and 2, 2005's. The 2013 has needed nothing for over 25k miles. The 2 05's need tinkering now and then. If at all possible, I'd go for one of brand new ones that National Power Sports is selling, at ridiculous prices. You'd have a brand new unmolested Rocket, with a warranty should anything go bad.

Back