2 Up

On the occasions I have had passengers the beast has not blinked however the progressives did complain to the point of sprouting it's vital bodily fluids.:eek: So from now on I will put the original equipment on when going 2 up which are much better suited to handle that task. Since mine (wife) broke her arm recently she wont get on for a while but no one gets on MY beast without a good helmet. The rest is up to them. :rolleyes:

My wife knows the drill, jeans (minimum), gloves, tennis shoes(minimum), helmet, T-shirt (minimum) and a bra (for her), if she wants to ride. These are the bare minimums I'll let ther get on the bike with, I prefer more like at least an armored jacket and boots. Even in states without helmet laws we both always wear ours. Having my armored jacket on saved me a great deal of road rash when I crashed, and probably internal injuries as well.

thread / tread

Flip,

I had just posted the fact my rear tire is about gone and I am going over to the "dark side" and had tread on my mind.

With a one track mind, it's easy to do.:D

name change

PS: Flip

It's Darron not Derron. lol

Besides I'll answer to anything if its time to eat or ride.:roll:

PS: Flip

It's Darron not Derron. lol

Besides I'll answer to anything if its time to eat or ride.:roll:

Darron:

Sorry about that. I guess the heat is getting to me or mayybe it's all the round bales I've been putting in the barns lately.

Ah yes, the dark side. I have a feeling that I too will be a convert like Gunshots. Something about a tire not lasting through an oil change interval upsets me greatly.

I'm sorry I had visions of the old television show Bewitched flash through my head when Darron was explaining the proper spelling of his name, Derwood hehe. I know its silly but I did hit my head when I crashed.

Derwood

Cadfather,

Are you ok? Were you wearing a helmet? Do we need to 'wiggle' our nose? :D

I've been called that many times when the series was popular. It doesn't bother me, I just like my name.:)

I've ridden two-up several times since I got my big sweetheart (black and red R3 Classic Tourer). Best story I have is embarrassing the heck out of some poor, unsuspecting (as in, he never suspected a big ol' cruiser to...) Yamaha R6 by keeping pace for better than half a mile, from a stop.

Wasn't technically legal, but we (the R6 owner is a buddy) chose a desolate stretch of Simco Rd to demonstrate what 2.3L of torque-laden Triumph will do. Had a wheel on him for more than a quarter-mile! With a 190-pound passenger! Can't wait to see what this thing'll do with the pipes and program!

And yes, we all had helmets.

Back