Finally popped my cherry.......again!

Timbo

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
Hadn't owned a Rocket for a few years, been away on some sort of "other bikes" folly for a bit, thinking "it's OK, I can kick the Rocket habit, I don't need one!", what was I thinking? I was wrong!

Bought a CAT N (cosmetic write off) at new year, fixed it up, got it insured, taxed and MOT'd last weekend and although it was cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass monkey, having taxed it I had to take it out!!

I HAD MISSED THE ROCKET SOOOO MUCH!!! I think only people who have ridden one would understand this, but it is true, only bike I have ever sold and missed! This is my 3rd.

Ran great, which it should as it had one done 962 miles when it was written off. All the bits I had fixed somehow stayed fixed, no leaks (see radiator thread) and it felt great!!! There really is nothing compares to riding a bike and even less compares to riding a Rocket III!!

Only did about 40 miles or so but had the biggest grin on my face!!

Still got a couple of bits to finish but they can wait!! got the exhaust heat shield for new exhaust now, hadn't when I rode it. After a screen (@cowboyuptex possibly supplying), mudguard support on back is bent, hence indicators angled up a bit, but that's about it.

The bits that are black and should be chrome are vinyl wrapped, except for the @hogweed radiator cover, which hides a multitude of sins :cool:.

Bits replaced - Headlight & rim, bear claw, mirror, rad cover, hoses, gear lever and exhaust, plus a few bits and bobs here and there. Rad was repaired and a few bent brackets and mounts were straightened or replaced.

The end result below (background is my 1979 DT250MX and BMW R1200RS, can''t see them getting much use :rolleyes: )

DK13SZL left.jpg

DK13SZL right.jpg

Looks good...back of the rear fender seems a bit high?

Yup, it is the support bracket for the license plates and indicators, makes it look high but the mudguard (fender to you :)) is straight, so are the rear support.

When I can be arsed to take it off, I will straighten it so the license place and lights are where they should be

Back