Final drive casing exploded!

Going by the part numbers on Bike Bandit early final drive units ( unlike Warp's bike most Rockets have only one rear wheel so don't need a differential :D ) and Roadsters up to 2012 are the same. 2013 on has a beefed up drive shaft and different part number. The touring has a 90 degree FD unit as opposed to the 87 degree gears on the other bikes. I don't know if replacing the shaft to the latest style is all that is needed to use the beefier Roadster unit.

Thanks for all the feedback guys - looks like I'm going to have to get my dad's bike up for a closer inspection of these two cases.

The comment about 87 vs 90 degrees was interesting; I can see how a slightly extended casing but a tighter angle would mean that everything would still fit, so maybe he did end up fitting a touring casing to a standard bike..

Will get some pics when I can, might be a couple of weeks though; not due back down at his place until April

With some of the differences in parts on these Rockets, it seems as if Triumph has a man in charge of "upgrades", and to justify his job, he makes a change, here and there, just to let Triumph think he's doing a good job. 3 degrees ??? come on. Change a spline after 8 years ??? on and on. Re-tool, more parts to stock. 3/4th of the parts in an upgrade kit were not necessary in my opinion.:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for all the feedback guys - looks like I'm going to have to get my dad's bike up for a closer inspection of these two cases.

The comment about 87 vs 90 degrees was interesting; I can see how a slightly extended casing but a tighter angle would mean that everything would still fit, so maybe he did end up fitting a touring casing to a standard bike..

Will get some pics when I can, might be a couple of weeks though; not due back down at his place until April
Not possible unless they changed the drive shaft which I'm sure at that point they should have noticed the two shafts were different. Unless of course they were not very bright at all. But then I would find it hard to believe they could work on it. Has anyone dropped the sump pan yet ?

Back