Ironically I was the last one to get a Triumph. Not that I didn't want one. It all started when my sons decided they wanted Triumphs. I was riding a metric v-twin at the time but came to my senses soon enough when I was suddenly surrounded by British iron. Heck, even my son's girlfriend had a Bonnie so I had to do something. Couldn't decide between a Tiger, Thunderbird, or a Rocket. I really like my son's Tiger, but rode a Thunderbird and a Rocket back to back and...well the outcome is obvious :)

Similar story here - liked the t'bird then rode the r3 just after...I've often wondered how many sales Triumph steal from themselves given the way these 2 are priced here in Oz. T'bird is 320kg 100hp 150nm, buying an R3 is like getting 1 1/2 T'birds for a full $1000 less??

Similar story here - liked the t'bird then rode the r3 just after...I've often wondered how many sales Triumph steal from themselves given the way these 2 are priced here in Oz. T'bird is 320kg 100hp 150nm, buying an R3 is like getting 1 1/2 T'birds for a full $1000 less??
I hear ya. The Tbird was great, but I was sold the second I hit the Rocket's starter and the whole bike torqued to the right. Since then I've been stuck with the stupid grin on my face.

Back