For the past few falls i have been trying to ride the Talamina drive in Oklahoma and Arkansas, for one reason or another never got done, anybody interested? the projected date would be for the 3rd weekend of september, the headquarters would be somewhere around Sallisaw Oklahoma or Van Buren Arkansas and the area covered would be the Kiamichi Mountains, Texarkana, Talamina, Mena Arkansas, the Rollercoaster road in Oklahoma and all the local good roads from Van Buren to Fayetville.
I will do it regardless but i would do it with a bunch of guys and girls from this great forum.
:)

Make it so captain

Well, individual circumstances are just that.

I would like to use this opportunity to prepare for more trips, perhaps even farther afield.

I'd hate to think I've been to Europe, touched Canada and Mexico, been to Hawaii a couple of times, and never really seen much of the western U.S., and wait too long until I'm no longer able.

That's just us.

Sounds like a good time, but 18.5 hour trips for a weekend ride is not in the cards for me.

A great ride, but way less than a day when I was there a few years ago.
Talihina to Mena via Hwy 1& 88 was like 60 miles.
Youse could ride the Pig '23' north to Brashears, that would be another 120 miles.
Both are excellent rides!
Even better is 16 east to 7and then north to Jasper.
That Talihina to Jasper ride would be an awesome 250 mile day ride!

I'm in Lupe as long as work doesn't interfere last minute. Here's an idea try to base out of a campground or somewhere similar...make it an old school ride. $10 a night for a camping spot is better than paying for a fleabag motel in my opinion and we know we have pit masters in the group to feed us. I've been on the roads Bull mentioned and they are indeed good rides.

Well, individual circumstances are just that.

I would like to use this opportunity to prepare for more trips, perhaps even farther afield.

I'd hate to think I've been to Europe, touched Canada and Mexico, been to Hawaii a couple of times, and never really seen much of the western U.S., and wait too long until I'm no longer able.

That's just us.

Californy is the place ya oughta be so pack up yer sh!t and come and see me! (Sung to the to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies) :laugh:

I'm in Lupe as long as work doesn't interfere last minute. Here's an idea try to base out of a campground or somewhere similar...make it an old school ride. $10 a night for a camping spot is better than paying for a fleabag motel in my opinion and we know we have pit masters in the group to feed us. I've been on the roads Bull mentioned and they are indeed good rides.
I really support this idea. Given the time of the year a sleeping bag is all you will need.

For those with trailers we have room for a few trailers here at my casa:)
A few miles south there is 25 acres of parking space for trailers. Security provided. DSC02441 (2).jpg :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back